Front points on the Charlet Moser M10?

Swedish_Chef

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That blows.

I was going to buy a pair, but now I'll have to look into those front points.

and I don't like the Grivel froint points either because they are to thick and cost a fortune to replace every season.

Why can't somebody make a crampon I like?

Err... I'll step out on the proverbial limb here - I think there is no way those frontpoints are made of aluminum. My common sense would be seriously offended if they were. Did you try chewing on them? [hell no]

I did a couple minutes worth of rooting around on the web and although the Petzl site is almost as bad as the Arcteryx site, all the web gear shops claim the material is "tempered nickel chrome molybdenum steel". But they do look like the frontpoints are different than the rest.

Incidentally, ever heard that your tent poles are "aircraft-grade aluminum"? Other-than-lightweight crampons are made of military-grade steel... same stuff they use to make the guns to shoot planes down. No stepping on the tent [big Grin]

[Frown] Well, i kinda discovered it when I was going to sharpen them with a file. No way those front points are cromoly steel like the rest of the crampon. Perhaps 7075-T6 aluminium but still...WTF [Confused]

One other thing to note. Mark Twight bitches about vertical front points being no good for alpine (which at least in theory, is correct). Take a look at the photos in the book. He is wearing Grivel Rambos on almost every picture (at least every shot from Chamonix) [big Grin]

The M10 points are cast steel and pretty much like the Grivel Rambo they can hold a mean point for a good time period

the only beef that I have with them is the price of the replacement kit $80 [Eek!][Eek!]

also the Antibott is the worst out there (only last you couple of hours before u will need a new one...I know,… last season I went through 3 pairs while my friend has his (Grivel Rambo) for 3 years...YEP just another one of Petzl scams to con you out of your money [Eek!]