• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by James:

quote:

Originally posted by eric8:

Marmot Mountian Works was them. I',m thinking of buying them from
though

did you get a chance to work their new leash? if so how did you like it? anyone else out their have an opinion about the easy-g leash?

The Alp Wings are 128.02 Eur each plus 30 Eur shipping from Barrabes. I ordered a pair Sunday morning and they arrived today. [big Grin]

I'm not a leash expert so I won't comment, but I'll try them out tomorrow.

Cool.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks to me that the new Easy G leashes are the best non-detachable leash system out there. I think if you have used enough different leashes you could tell what will work well and what won't before you even get out there with them. What is "leash bullshit" anyways?

Word up tbrent. You don't have to be a weekend employee for NASA to figure out if a leash design is going to work or not. Maybe just a little ice experience would help. Key points being ease of application and removal without body parts assisting, ie mouth. No unexpected detachment from climber,Like unclipping or loosening. The new grivel leash kicks @##.

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

Right on. You guys crack me up. I saw that myself. But did anyone use it on waterfall ice yet? Guess not. Like I said everyone raved about many other leashes in summer and found out all the flaws on the ice. I am just a skeptic and these guys want to be shit talkers. If they want to talk shit then let's do it.

Gosh... [Confused]

Yeah I dont have any ice experience [Roll Eyes] Anyway I can ask then how does the pull go when removing a gloved hand on ice? Does it pull sideways or have any motion that might want to remove your pick out of the ice? Is there enough room to easily remove a gloved hand or mittened one?

BTW leashes are aid so I quite using them.

[ 09-11-2002, 12:08 PM: Message edited by: Cpt.Caveman ]

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

Anyway I can ask then how does the pull go when removing a gloved hand on ice? Does it pull sideways or have any motion that might want to remove your pick out of the ice? Is there enough room to easily remove a gloved hand or mittened one?

To remove a gloved hand, plant the pick, slide your hand up the shaft a bit, and pull out (away from the ice and tool) to loosen the strap and remove hand. One could pull your tool out of the ice on this last step. No sideways motion involved.

To get back in, put your hand through the loop and pull down.

Your mileage may vary.

[ 09-11-2002, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: tomtom ]

I had the luck to use one of the easy-g leash prototype last winter... Not is a Nasa design for sure (we spoke about climbing tools not shuttles) but she works... You don't need any help from the other hand and the movement is really natural. you can gain 20/25 of your energy on climbing... Sorry for my "italian" english and above all enjoy you on ice...

Unlike many products in the climbing world these new Grivel leashes didn't just go straight from the drawing boards to the production line. El Presidente of Grivel NA himself designed them and has been using them for the last 3 or 4 years. I have seen them in action. I would say that they are even easier to use than the old BD Twists yet far more secure on Vert.