Ms. Teen USA - South Carolina

dt_3pin

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're the sick fuck watching underage girls parade around like livestock. I was just speculating on the reason so many kids in our country - like the young miss - can't resolve a simple question armed with what should be a basic knowledge set. With taxpayers shelling out between $7,000 - $11,000 per child, per year (depending on the state), is it too much to ask for results?

How would you answer that question if you were her? ["Why is it that 1/5 of Americans can't find the US on a world map?"] That's not an easy question to answer. She can't just say, "because they are stupid idiots", now can she?

Whether it was an easy question or not, South Africa and Iraq??? Her answer made no sense. She could have talked about the decline of public education in the country. Not enough emphasis on geography. She could have even tied it into the illiteracy problems in this country.

Smokin hot: I'd vote for her no doubt! Did anyone catch any of the words? :lmao::hcluv:

Seriously, I'm glad no one asks me crap like that off the cuff. Probably sound like this:

Ubuuubah,...... Ubuuubah, .........Ubuuubah, .......HUh?

She had this to say:"

BLONDE AMBITION

Teen beauty queen explains TV meltdown

Miss South Carolina claims 3.5 grade-point average, says she lost train of thought

Posted: August 27, 2007

10:59 p.m. Eastern

By Joe Kovacs

© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

The 18-year-old beauty contestant who mesmerized the nation with her "brilliance" at the Miss Teen USA pageant over the weekend is speaking out about her gaffe, explaining she "completely misunderstood" the question posed to her.

Miss Teen South Carolina Lauren Caitlin Upton fumbles through an answer during Friday's Miss Teen USA Pageant on NBC

"I didn't do anything wrong," Lauren Caitlin Upton told the State newspaper of South Carolina. "I wasn't expecting [the question]. I lost my train of thought."

She says she graduated with a 3.5 grade point average from Lexington High School in June, and was a varsity athlete and student leader.

WND was the first news organization to report on Upton, who suffered an apparent and unfortunate "extreme blonde moment" during Friday night's NBC broadcast from Pasadena, Calif.

When asked about the reason why some Americans could not locate the U.S. on a world map, Upton provided an answer that some call moronic and hilarious, while others say it's painful to watch and typical for young people in America today.

As part of the competition, Upton was asked what host Mario Lopez called a "thought-provoking final question" selected at random.

Upton selected judge Aimee Teegarden, an actress from NBC's "Friday Night Lights," who asked her this question: "Recent polls have shown a fifth of Americans can't locate the United States on a world map. Why do you think this is?"

The South Carolina beauty gave this strange, grammarless response:

I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps, and, uh, I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq everywhere like, such as and I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., er, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future for our children.

Lopez told People Magazine he wanted to help Upton, but was instructed not to talk to the contestants while they were answering questions.

"It was a very intense moment. It's live TV. You don't know what the question is until you get up there. And I believe that she misunderstood it. She went down the wrong road and couldn't figure out how to get back to the right one," he said. "I felt really badly for her."

"Tonight Show" host Jay Leno played the clip during his program this evening, and joked, "People in South Carolina [are] filing out now."

Upton will get another chance at answering questions in the morning as she's slated to appear on NBC's "Today Show."

end

You're the sick fuck watching underage girls parade around like livestock. I was just speculating on the reason so many kids in our country - like the young miss - can't resolve a simple question armed with what should be a basic knowledge set. With taxpayers shelling out between $7,000 - $11,000 per child, per year (depending on the state), is it too much to ask for results?

This has nothing to do with schools. I doubt this girl has spent much time in a classroom. Teachers have little control over the education of kids who don't show up for school.

I used to work as a high school teacher and the dumbest kids were those who never showed up. They were the ones whose parents didn't care when you called them to find out why their kid didn't show up. Or they were the ones who were disruptive and caused other kids to have a less than a satisfactory experience. Families who don't support their children in their educational endeavors are likely to have kids that have the level of critical thinking that Miss South Carolina appears to have.

You'd be suprised at how big a deal attendance is at the average school. Should teachers be penalized for the grades of students who only show up every once in awhile and don't even pretend to try when they do show up?

Jason

This has nothing to do with schools. I doubt this girl has spent much time in a classroom. Teachers have little control over the education of kids who don't show up for school.

I used to work as a high school teacher and the dumbest kids were those who never showed up. They were the ones whose parents didn't care when you called them to find out why their kid didn't show up. Or they were the ones who were disruptive and caused other kids to have a less than a satisfactory experience. Families who don't support their children in their educational endeavors are likely to have kids that have the level of critical thinking that Miss South Carolina appears to have.

You'd be suprised at how big a deal attendance is at the average school. Should teachers be penalized for the grades of students who only show up every once in awhile and don't even pretend to try when they do show up?

Jason

ABSOFUCKINLUTELY! If your dentist advises your children to brush and floss routinely, but you don't follow through by monitoring their brushing routines, do you think your dentist deserves a demotion and decreased salary when your kids develop tooth decay?

Oprah was recently criticized for opening schools for girls in S. Africa. Critics asked, "Don't American children need your help?" She replied that U.S. children care far more about i-pods and Nike shoes than education, after which she received even more criticism. I think she's correct. And we can mostly blame an F'ed up culture that doesn't value raising responsible children.