Sen. Larry Craig (R-Id) arrested

Winter

Today NPR had a public health expert being interviewed about the protocols of toe-tapping, etc at public restrooms.

"I'll take 'Topics I Didn't Expect to Hear Addressed on All Things Considered' for $1000, Alex."

Wow, a whole subculture. Too much information.

In one week the underworlds of dogfighting and toe-tapping have been added to the public discussion. What a great thing our 24-hours news media is!

:anger::anger:

leave me out of it!!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, a whole subculture. Seen the armored shitters along the highway lately? Hmmm, why are they like that? Perhaps it's because some men like to cut holes in the stall walls to have their dicks sucked/suck the dicks of total strangers. Ask Dru for more details/times.

I remember when I worked at The Edge Dan Savage did a column on where to go for public sex and mentioned there was a Vaancouver website listing places with hookups in washrooms. Well, this got discussed quite heavily at the Edge with staff having the thought of adding the gym to the list in order to see how long management would take to figure out why they suddenly had a bunch of new members joining.

of course Craig is guilty until proven innocent

hey dumb ass - he plead guilty - that means he's guilty.

1) he reversed his plea

2) many people plead guilty who aren't - for various reasons

Perhaps he took his cue from Miss Carolina and simply misspoke.

300 sources say that the guy's been soliciting and, by some accounts, getting, bathroom blowjobs since 1967. Now, that's fine, as far as I'm concerned, except for one little problem: he's a U.S. senator that has consistently fought against any form of gay rights.

Craig is, simply put, a lying, self-hating gay. Which is fine, too...unless you are a U.S. senator...or his wife.

lot's of republicans coming out and calling the guy's behavior "disgraceful".

i'm wondering if they mean disgraceful because he's gay or disgraceful because he's a hypocrite.

It's all part of the PR game...

Just like Michael Vick's staged apology. That's what this country has come to with our pervasive media circus and 24 hour news cycle.

The guy should just resign already (as should have Bubba). Hell, in Japan, someone who did this would commit suicide. Resignation ain't all that bad.

lot's of republicans coming out and calling the guy's behavior "disgraceful".

i'm wondering if they mean disgraceful because he's gay or disgraceful because he's a hypocrite.

It's all part of the PR game...

Just like Michael Vick's staged apology. That's what this country has come to with our pervasive media circus and 24 hour news cycle.

The guy should just resign already (as should have Bubba). Hell, in Japan, someone who did this would commit suicide. Resignation ain't all that bad.

Yeah, our values used to be SO MUCH BETTER in the past. I harken for the good ole days of lynching blacks and beating gays to death, far from the prying eyes of an overly nosy media.

If it weren't for the 24 hour news cycle/media circus, Vicks would probably still be electrocuting dogs and Craig's guilty plea would have been swept under the table without a whisper.

The 'media circus' is OK by me.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

You know, part of me feels really bad for the guy. Imagine fucking up like this, having it in all the papers...he's got a wife and shit, right? His career is over.

I mean, it's funny, but it's sad you know? :(

I'm sad because Craig was frequently an ally of the ACLU in the fight to protect basic civil liberties. He had a blind spot on equal rights for gays, however.