Sen. Larry Craig (R-Id) arrested

Winter

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

of course Craig is guilty until proven innocent

hey dumb ass - he plead guilty - that means he's guilty.

1) he reversed his plea

2) many people plead guilty who aren't - for various reasons

1) you're making shit up. he hasn't withdrawan and won't be allowed to unless the judge let's him.

2) so how do we conclude that he is in fact guilty if we can't rely on his own admission?

1) you're making shit up. he hasn't withdrawan and won't be allowed to unless the judge let's him.

2) so how do we conclude that he is in fact guilty if we can't rely on his own admission?

By whether he is convicted of a crime by a jury. I seriously hope you are not a lawyer.

so if you admit to your crime, plead guilty and then avoid a trial by a jury, society should still assume that you are innocent? that makes a lot of sense.

so you mean like mike vick getting elected to congress on an anti-dog fighting platform?

Actually, I think that since Mike Vick engaged in dogfighting himself, he'd clearly have to conclude that he'd have a moral obligation to argue for the promotion and/or decriminalization of dogfighting by means of specific legislation was the only morally and intellectually defensible posture for him to adopt in his capacity as a congressman.

There are cases where legislators have an obligation to preach what they practice - and I think that's the case with closet cases that vilify gays - but I don't think that this principle is extensible to every single aspect of their personal behavior, especially in cases where the legislator in question is candid about his own conduct and frames his opposition in terms of policy outcomes rather than moral sentiments.

many people plead guilty who aren't - for various reasons

Precisely . . . great reasons such as being a Family Values Republican Senator embarassed by trying to suck cock in an airport bathroom.

well, the story sounds utterly unbelievable, and the transcript of the officer's report that is floating around in reports is surreal to say the least

There are cases where legislators have an obligation to preach what they practice - and I think that's the case with closet cases that villify gays - but I don't think that this principle is extensible to every single aspect of their personal behavior, especially in cases where the legislator in question is candid and frames his opposition in terms of policy outcomes rather than morals.

:tup:

Geeeeeez. It's not like he spooged all over some poor interns dress all-the-while championing the rights of working women or somethin' like that! I thought sex was a private matter.

1) he peeped through a crack in a toilet stall

2) played footsie with the guy in the neighboring stall

did I miss anything? the guy didn't even get to "finish" like Bubba did

Geeeeeez. It's not like he spooged all over some poor interns dress all-the-while championing the rights of working women or somethin' like that! I thought sex was a private matter.

I'm missing the connection between championing womens rights and not enjoying blowjobs

from Craig's web site:

What is the dress code in Senator Craig's office?

Male staff members should wear a tie at all times, and a suit jacket or sport coat should be kept handy.

Hmmmm ....

from Craig's web site:

What is the dress code in Senator Craig's office?

Male staff members should wear a tie at all times, and a suit jacket or sport coat should be kept handy.

Hmmmm ....

Maybe you should offer to defend the good senator....pro-bono.

I figure if you were the cop you might get the indication that the dude in the next stall might have supplied cause to be investigate, but to charge him I think you'd have to wait till Craig came up to you outside the stall and actually put the moves on you to your face.

I figure if you were the cop you might get the indication that the dude in the next stall might have supplied cause to be investigate, but to charge him I think you'd have to wait till Craig came up to you outside the stall and actually put the moves on you to your face.

the lewd conduct involved craig peeking through the crack in the stall door and touching the cops foot in the next stall over - its isn't about a proposition.

Today NPR had a public health expert being interviewed about the protocols of toe-tapping, etc at public restrooms.

"I'll take 'Topics I Didn't Expect to Hear Addressed on All Things Considered' for $1000, Alex."

Wow, a whole subculture. Too much information.

In one week the underworlds of dogfighting and toe-tapping have been added to the public discussion. What a great thing our 24-hours news media is!