[TR] Carbonite Range/International Basin - 8/11/2007

jport

Trip: Carbonite Range/International Basin -

Date: 8/11/2007

Trip Report:

Early Saturday morning 8 student members and 4 adult advisors (including myself) of Explorer Post 58 gathered in Portland to begin the long drive northeast into the Canadian hills. Our plan was to gain International Basin and climb as many peaks over the course of a week as possible. With nearly ideal weather, good spirits, and teamwork, we surpassed our goals and gained a new respect for each other and the mountains.

Burdened by monsterous packs on the approach, our team proved to be very strong and work well together. I'm happy and proud to have climbed with: Kip Beckwith, Mitch Burke, Joseph Carpenter, Maddy Case, Greg Conyers, Peter Green, Matt Henzi, Laura Laney, Jack Lazar, Michal Orczyk, Ian Wayne, Sarah Wolf.IMG_1201_McMurdo_Cabin-small.jpgIMG_1234_David_Base-small.jpgIMG_1262_Malachite_Horseman_International-_small.jpgIMG_1276_Pansy_Bump-_small.jpgIMG_1344-small.jpgIMG_1249_David_Summit-small.jpgIMG_1228-small.jpg

IMG_1380-small.jpgIMG_1367-small.jpg

More detailed route descriptions to follow later (when I have more time).

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic