[TR] Dolomites - Many 7/20/2007

Trip: Dolomites - Many

Date: 7/20/2007

Trip Report:

Sepetember of last year my climbing parnter Toby moved to London, over the winter we hatched a plan to meet up and climb in the Italian Alps: The Dolomites.

This trip turned out to be one of the best climbing trips I have ever done. The climbing, the scenery and the hut system blew my mind away. The meals and full bar at every hut are just amazing, the people friendly and accomodating, none of the stereo types I heard played out.

The gear is always adequate the popular routes are solid and world class. The hardest thing about climbing in the Dolomites is route finding, the rock is always vertical to overhanging and the terrain ambiguous. Getting lost on the big faces is a given and happens to even the most seasoned locals.

We climbed at three area's over 12 days and managed 60 pitches over 6 routes, two we bailed from due to weather. We Climbed in the Civetta region, the Tre Cima and out of remote and quiet Boscanero hut.

Here is my flikr account if you want to check some photo's, there not in any order youll just have to poke around, ive added some text to them

Photo's

I then met a close friend who has been living in barcelona and we rode his Africa Twin 750cc and my rented 2007 BMW ST 800cc through 1100 km of the French and Spanish Pyrenees. Amazing terrain and mountians in that area.

Photos Biking

Of course I spent a week hitting on French and Italian girls on the topless Mediterranean beaches but those photos arent really work safe. Just imagine g strings, topless girls, beer vendors and Moroccans selling..Moroccan

If you plan on going give me a shout as I found it difficult in finding all the information but I have a good handle on it now

Cheers

Trip of a life time :rawk:

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic