15 year old aspiring mountaineer seeks gear.

Jer C

Hey

I'm 15 and just getting into climbing. I was woundering if anyone had some climing gear they wanted to give away that you no longer need. I need things like axe, protection, crampons etc.. Any old but safe gear you have and you want to give away would be greatly appreciated and used. I can pay to have things shipped or I could maybe pickup. Just attended a mountain school and can' wait to hit the hills!

Thanks!

jchrist_123@hotmail.com

Edited by Jer C

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a "spray" note, I don't recall needing protection when I was 15. Musta just been me.

Already desensitized from Deathgrip masturbation? For shame!

Second Ascent >> Next Adventure

unless you want a bizarre history lesson or some Hagan Dolphins

There was a great pair of size 11 plastic boots on craigslist for $75.00 also weekly trips to 2nd Ascent in ballard is always worth it for used clothes,and sometimes gear, and given your age you might approach the owner and offer a little work for gear. Good Luck!

Jer C....I think I have some size 11 Montrail Leather mountaineering boots bouncing around the garage (if they didn't go to Goodwill last spring)...I upgraded them 2 years ago. If I remember correctly, they are in great shape, but I supernate, so I wore the outside heel portion of the sole down - an $80.00 resole fix that. I'll take a look

fender four had the pickets covered. I have a set of Saloman 11.0 size "Super Mountain 8" boots that might fit. Super comfy, just too many boots in my closet. You can PM me with any requests, I might be able to throw you some stuff I don't use anymore.

Ok, its just my opinion, however with my two sons who both climb on there own now,

I bought all there equipment when they were 16 after three trips they lost or damaged beyond repair half of it. after that I made them earn each piece back, and in some cases buy used stuff, and this time each piece they engraved there names, kept there gear in there room separate from mine and painted everything crazy colors and put stickers on all of it, they haven't lost anything in more than 3 years,crampons are always sharp and flags have there initials. were not this kids parents but it would be much better if he understood what most of this "stuff" cost. (sorry just the dad in me)

Hi spencer,

I do know what things cost. It's alot. All I was wondering if anyone had any old gear they weren't using and it was sitting in the garage collecting dust they no longer wanted I would put it to good use.

That's all