[TR] North Cascades Ramble - Tempestuous Traverse

Blake

Trip: North Cascades Ramble - Tempestuous Traverse

Date: 8/22/2007

Trip Report:

Dan (Dannible) and I did a trip through part of the National Park recently which was meant to be the starting leg of a much longer link-up, but we basically got stormed off and had a wet hitch-hike to Mt. Vernon. There were some pretty views anyways, we'll have to get after it again some year when summer actually remembers to make an appearance.

Dan on day 2:

ridgy.JPG

Nice Views on hiking section:

Onwards.JPG

Some nice creek valley:

down_the_valley.JPG

Finally getting some climbing in:

Col.JPG

Don't harass the wildlife:

animal.JPG

Scamperin' around:

valleyo.JPG

Weather Moving In:

arm.JPG

This means it's time to go home:

bad_sky.JPG

Thanks MythosGrl for the drop off and pizza!

Gear Notes:

Any advice on getting out of a $75 camping permit ticket?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having, along with my wife and daughter, run in to the two of you at the crossing of Maple Creek on 8/14, I believe I have an excellent guess as to where that first picture was taken, but won't spoil it for others. I would like to hear what the climbing was like. Hiking, you say?

I had a feeling you hadn't bothered with the permit.

Having, along with my wife and daughter, run in to the two of you at the crossing of Maple Creek on 8/14, I believe I have an excellent guess as to where that first picture was taken, but won't spoil it for others. I would like to hear what the climbing was like. Hiking, you say?

Yep, I think you know where we were. The route that we talked about would have taken more time than we expected, so we ended at a subsummit and went on our way. The reason I was asking if someone could guess is that we suspect that someone else was up there shortly before us. The part of our traverse that we got through was mostly hiking, easy rock, and snow. The real climbing was to come in the second half :cry:

• 2 weeks later...