Peaks you can't do in a day

Blake

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spider seems doable from the Cascade Pass TRailhead. Sinister would be very difficult, and even going in from Stehekin, any of the Gunsights might be impossible.

Impossible is a strong word. I'm not saying that I could do it, but I think that south Gunsight, by the south ridge could be quite possible for some people (when the trail is in).

I know that Jo'berg has been climbed many times in a day....but I also know that according to NPS, more people go overdue on that peak than any other which they track, by a full day or more.... so that may be a separate thread, peaks which frequently lead to overdue parties....

If you take into account non-standard routes wouldn't liberty ridge on rainier be pretty tough in a day, considering most people take about 2-3 days and then descend the DC anyway, maybe im crazy to think this but wouldn't that be pretty tough

-Boley

Liberty Ridge doesn't even come close. I mean it is easily doable in a day. Heck, didn't Sky climb and ski it in a trip that took less than 24 hrs home-to-home two years back? From what I've read, I seem to remember that its usually the out-of-staters who tend to take a long time (>= 3 days), and in several cases, that is due to these teams planning their trip way ahead and still pushing through with their climb under less than perfect conditions.

Ok ill admit i was way off base about Lib Ridge but i dont really think a ski descent can be counted for a timed ascent i know you have to carry your skis but u can ski a snow slope it would take an hour to descend in about 5-10 mins if that, very nice on the home to home in <24hrs that you mentioned though that is impressive.