Rainier Partners needed

MrClam

I am looking for partners for Rainier sometime between the 27th of August and the 4th of September. I made an attempt last weekend but we were turned around by bad weather.

I was thinking the DC route but am up for others.

I'd be up for a day hike or a multi day (would prefer day hike).

I have glacier travel/crevasse rescue skills and all necessary gear.

E-mail me at Mr_Clam00@hotmail.com if interested.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note to potential partners: Mr Clam is one strong climber, as in he carried a full pack from Paradise to Muir last weekend in under 4 hrs, and I don't think he was really trying. That was after he got maybe 2hrs sleep the night before. Then two days later he solo'd up Colchuck Peak in about 45 min from the bottom of the snowfield. In the rain, with no ice tool, just an axe. Oh yeah, if you aren't familiar w/ current route conditions on Colchuck, it has a 60 degree bare ice section about 200' long. Then he ran down the snowfield, ran down the moraine, and ran back to the trailhead. Damn kid didn't even look tired. Mr Clam is one good guy and you'll be lucky to climb with him.

I am looking for a partner or team for mid sept myself been up twice and turned around due to high winds both times. had rock solid dates last time so i would like to be flexible atleast a few days worth cuz i dont want to go to muir for no reason again forecast 50+ on both my attempts and they came atleast that bad so im done trying to outrun forecasts.