New to rock climbing...can i tag along?

skygrl07

Hi there!

I'm a novice mountaineer and love to hike and am interested in learning how to rock climb. I'm 22, female, and looking for someone or someone's who wouldn't mind showing me the ropes or just letting me tag. I have shoes and a harness...lacking rope and well frankly have no friends who climb.

I live in Seattle and am willing to meet up.I have weekdays off and only have an intro to rock 101 under my belt.

If you have patience and don't mind a rookie PM me and we will figure something out.

Laurel

Edited by skygrl07

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking to network with other alpine climbers...Where/When are the Seattle get togethers?
They are usually on Tuesday nights and usually in Ballard or Freemont. They are called Pub Clubs and they aren't held every week. Someone will start a thread and people will (hopefully) all agree on a place.

It's a good idea. There are some moderates at Three O'Clock rock, but you can't ask someone who's never been there to just head up there on their own.

Anyone interested, just PM any of the people on the Darrington Thread. They could arrange to have you follow them up there or some other arrangment.