trailhead theft

counterfeitfake

I drive a 95 Toyota Paseo that runs great and looks like shit. I still got broken into last year at the Rachel lake trail head. But that was once as apposed to three times at other trail heads with my brand new truck, in one year.

It might be locals but if you look up the exit 38 thread and find the posts where pictures were taken of guys breaking into cars and the zero response to this by King County police, you will quickly realize that your only defense is to defend yourself. If the police are not on the take, they just don't care at best. I'll bet that if you were to catch and detain the guys, and have ten witnesses, the police would take YOU into custody and let the thiefs dissappear.

The King County Police are probably helping these guys.

So watch out. The thieves tried to kill the guy who took the pictures in the exit 38 thread. The police did NOTHING. My guess is that they would haul us away in cuffs if we tried to kill one of their buddies breaking into our cars. And they would probably be right around the corner to arrest you.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This past year cars at a trailhead in BC (Elfin Lakes??) were torched. Clearly they were out just for laughs, not just your CDs and home address. Which suggests to me the "trailhead vehicle", while a step in the right direction, won't neccessarily protect you. Its getting nasty out there.

Also, I have left my doors unlocked, only to have the windows smashed anyway by thieves that are too lazy or stupid to try the door first.

This past year cars at a trailhead in BC (Elfin Lakes??) were torched. Clearly they were out just for laughs, not just your CDs and home address. Which suggests to me the "trailhead vehicle", while a step in the right direction, won't neccessarily protect you. Its getting nasty out there.

Also, I have left my doors unlocked, only to have the windows smashed anyway by thieves that are too lazy or stupid to try the door first.

Yeah - the trailhead vehicle is more of a means to protect your finances/emotions when the inevitable vandalism/theft/torching happens. If the entire rig is worth less than $500 on the market, you should be able to look upon any amount of damage with a kind of platonic detachment than would be possible with a newer, more expensive rig.