Final word - Bolting Controversies

billcoe

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
What about the final count down?

That's right, it's that time of the year for countdowns. My favorite is the top 100 classic rock songs countdown, as if the classic rock songs change each year.

yeah but maybe rock you like a hurricane will move up to #47. did you ever think of that?

That is funny!

• 7 months later...

Ha ha! No one ever guessed who's quote it was? !!

Don Ryan, aka Raindawg.

This is still going on in spray, I quoted Don again, like I did in the very first thread except he didn't own up to the quote here and no one figured it out. Or you can buy and read Raindawgs book here:

AMazon link

9780028644479.jpg "The World of the Bible" By Don Ryan - Don is an excellent writer who can bring history alive and make it interesting. Highly recommended. :tup:

In a reference to keeping a open mind, I shockingly found this and it applies.

"The people who object most strongly to anything, I have found, are those who believe that there is only one way of thinking, and that way is their own."

Discuss? Or is that the final word ?

"Those who most frequently quote without permission the thoughts of others have few of their own."

Discuss.

"The people who object most strongly to anything, I have found, are those who believe that there is only one way of thinking, and that way is their own."

"Those who most frequently quote without permission the thoughts of others have few of their own."

Discuss.

so you are saying don would be upset if a work of his were to be quoted here?

you must admit that the irony inherent in this quote coming from don (is this from don?) is hilarious!

Discuss.

you must admit that the irony inherent in this quote coming from don (is this from don?) is hilarious!

What's hilarious is your concept of irony, together with Bill Coe's logic. Rather than offering the strongest objections to sport "climbing", my friend Dwayner offers the strongest recommendations for a clean climbing ethic. Also, to suggest that he believes there exists only one way of thinking (his own) ignores the fact that he has never suggested that clean climbing is his own ethic or ideal. He has frequently cited the inspiration for and the development of his support of clean climbing. Finally, it doesn't matter whether I believe he would be upset about the quoted material. Fact is, the statement wasn't quoted with permission. It was clearly an amateur logician's childish attempt to display a contradiction. The final word may very well be that Bill (together with everybody else who thinks he is clever, including the moron to whom I am responding) is really stupid.

What's hilarious is your concept of irony, together with Bill Coe's logic. Rather than offering the strongest objections to sport "climbing", my friend Dwayner offers the strongest recommendations for a clean climbing ethic. Also, to suggest that he believes there exists only one way of thinking (his own) ignores the fact that he has never suggested that clean climbing is his own ethic or ideal. He has frequently cited the inspiration for and the development of his support of clean climbing. Finally, it doesn't matter whether I believe he would be upset about the quoted material. Fact is, the statement wasn't quoted with permission. It was clearly an amateur logician's childish attempt to display a contradiction. The final word may very well be that Bill (together with everybody else who thinks he is clever, including the moron to whom I am responding) is really stupid.

double irony! nice work! go for a triple, but leave the home run for donald.

Discuss.

Did you ask Sexual Chocolate for permission to quote him?