What is the best burger joint?

mikeadam

Pertaining to climbing destinations in the PNW of course.

There are some OK ones, but my favorite (and I WILL shamelessly plug) is SCALE BURGER out of the Paradise entrance at Rainier NP. Ya know the one with bacon and cheese and those big honkin, salty fries! DROOL.... tongue.gif

Are there some others I should be investigating to increase my strength in the mountains?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But nothing can quite beat an old In & Out Burger from down south.

Not PNW, but still good.

I also third the vote for Gustav's, sitting up on the deck, with a beer and a burger as you watch the sun set over the hills and poke all of your bruises and scrapes...ahhh the good things in life...

[This message has been edited by mikereddig (edited 06-27-2001).]

Schultzy's in the U District, not close to any climbing but unfortunately for my bank account very close to Pro Mountain Sports. grin.gif I'll second the Deschutes Brewery, incredibly good food and well... the beer rocks.

not a burger joint, but the next time you're on your way back from smith, check out the "tacos y mariscos" restaurant in madras. (i don't know the real name, but it has the words "tacos y mariscos" painted on the roof in huge letters. it's actually a grocery store that also serves food, and it's the best mexican grub north of the border.

the first time we were there, in the middle of our meal, enjoying the beers that we fetched ourselves from the fridge in the store, the old lady from the kitchen came out and *demanded* that we each purchase one of the fresh pork tamales she had just pulled out of pot. well, who were we to argue? all i can say is... wow.

Don't know the name of it, but I love that place in Marblemount (I think), conveniently located just as you get back to the highway coming from Cascade Pass area. Or Ike's Drive Inn in Granite Falls. The burgers are pretty good, the shakes are the best, they have about a dozen flavors.

For the biggest, most mouth watering burger this side of the Mississippi set your sights on Earthquakes. Over 1.5 pounds of heart attack inducing beef that meets a weeks worth of saturated fat requirements as well as providing lubrication to those climbing tendons.

If yer heading up the penninsula (yeh I know the rock sucks) Fat Smittys is great. hwy 101 up toward deception on the west side of the road. Big ol wooden statue of Smitty and a burger in front. you cant miss it. By far the best burger joint in WA.