Alaska Ruth Glacier 08

Peter Way

I'm looking to go to the Ruth Glacier early season in 08 with sights on Peak 11300 and Silverthorn, can't talk my friends into it so I'm looking for someone else. Also trying to talk my friends into a couple of trips to Rainier in February/March and ice climbing in Cody Wyoming for a couple of weeks in January, not much luck there eather. Help

Peter

hopfinger2242@gmail.com

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeman

Part of the problem is that none of my climbing friend live in Porland. I'm from Australia so my friends are spred all over the world

I haven't yet got firm dates for winter climbing on Rainier. My work will dictate any time longer than just the weekends but almost any weekend will be open.

I'll take time in January for Cody.

Have you ice climbed at Strobach Mt on Hwy 12? That's a fun place for a weekend.

Peter

Hey

I was wondering if you have ever thought about Mount Logan Canada highest peak up the kings trench route? Similar time to climb Denali but remote. Doesn't see a lot of climbers each year. Only a couple hundred feet shorter.

might you be intrested?

I have thought of it a time or two but everyone I know or have spoken to that has been there has told me that it snow "A LOT". I've heard storys of climbers losing thier camp sites and tents and all thier camp gear because it gets buryed so deep they can't find it or dig it up. There is so much snowfall in those mountains that the glaciers that come out of them move meters per day. A climb on Mt Logan is more of a logistical chalange than a technical climb.

The Ruth Gorge offers far more diversity.

Peter