Use for retired biners

lizard_brain

What are some creative uses for retored biners? I have a couple of antique ones sitting on my desk at home, and a couple at work that I use as paperwieights, but that's about it. I have one that sits on the edge of my desk that everyone, I mean EVERYONE that stops to talk with me at work picks up and plays with.

But - what do I do with the others I have at home? What do you do? What COULD you do...?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I use them for everything. I have one on the corner clip of my workout bag so I can hang it from the hook in my gym locker and avoid the bag falling out of the locker when I open it. I use one old bootied biner to clip a dog leash that is so old that the regular clip broke to the dog's collar. I clip water bottles to everything I carry around with me. I clip bag handles together with them. And on and on.

But I don't have one on my office desk. Good idea. I'll bring one in next week.

I used to keep an old rusty cannon ball on my desk. Six pounder. EVERYONE fondled that thing...until one guy managed to drop it on his foot.

It's at home now.

Biners are also great for tying stuff down to your vehicle, securing yourself when you go up on the roof, stringing party lights, and looking really f'in stupit if you happen to have way too many keys.

I have cam at work that I use for a paperweight as well as a couple biners :) As I work with enginerds I get lots of questions on the cam, makes good conversation fodder. I just wish it was on old one that got dropped and not a brand new one :cry:

It means I get to buy a medium supercam to replace it though :)