Steady PDX climbing partner

gt5816v

I'm looking for a steady partner to climb with in the PDX area. Broughton, Rocky, Beacon, etc.. I climb with my GF now but she's not really into multipitch routes and I can really only get away with having her as a belay monkey for so long before she gets fed up with me. :) I have a pretty decent rack for trad and aid climbing. I've been climbing for about 15 years yet I'm still no good at it.... :cry: but then again for the past 5 years I've only gotten out a couple times a season. This year I've been shaking off the cobwebs and can lead 5.9s trad, perhaps easy 10s sport. I've been better in the past so I'm not a total loss... I would really like to be leading trad 11s at some point. I want to climb the Nose and think it'd be a lot more enjoyable (and faster) to free the majority of it! I have a standard 8-5 job and cycle commute. I live by St Vincent's so it's tough to over to the crags on week nights but weekends are no problem. Happy to pay for gas/rentals on trips to Smith, Leavenworth, the Valley, etc.. I also like sunsets and long walks on the beach.

So if you have some skills and want to show me what's up :yoda: that's great but I'd be happy with someone of equal skill that's just willing to get out and climb on a regular basis!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomorrow after work is out? Most likely Silver Bullet (assuming Melissa is there too)

Cuba, WTF?

Must have an interesting job. This being the internet thats all I'll say about that. See you tomorrow on Thurs or the next time you have time, pretty flexible.

See, no crying or accusations here:-) is all good.