Do i want to move to Troutdale?

sk

I'm sort of partial to St Johns out in North Portland - feels like it's own village, but a quick hop over the St Johns Bridge to downtown. As a caveat, it is the only part of Portland I've spent a significant amount of time in, remodeling a repossessed HUD house we bought as a family project, pretty sweet now with the rooftop deck and views of the Willamette and Forest Park, three block walk to McMenamins, theaters, and an array of restaurants. Driving down from up north I never really found the I-5 bridge a pain, but that's probably due to taking Marine Drive, the second exit.

Portland is a great city, but Seattle is closer to better climbing.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sort of partial to St Johns out in North Portland - feels like it's own village, but a quick hop over the St Johns Bridge to downtown. As a caveat, it is the only part of Portland I've spent a significant amount of time in, remodeling a repossessed HUD house we bought as a family project, pretty sweet now with the rooftop deck and views of the Willamette and Forest Park, three block walk to McMenamins, theaters, and an array of restaurants. Driving down from up north I never really found the I-5 bridge a pain, but that's probably due to taking Marine Drive, the second exit.

Portland is a great city, but Seattle is closer to better climbing.

For sure on the last sentence. But, Nofh Portland? Dude, gotta learn Ebonics as a second language in some places there. Too hit and miss although some places are great, I'll agree. Oh, I've lived in St Johns and still live in Nofh Portland (but real, real close in now). There are some amazingly cool neighborhods, like this Brand new overlook townhomes link - 1/2 a block from max light rail and a 15 min ride from downtown ...ON a BIKE! Great neighborhood.

But there are other places.....

Muffster, if the munchkins ski? Mt Hood meadows passes

Maybe my perspective is skewed, since the house is two blocks from the police station. St. Johns is also rapidly gentrifying, they turned the hardware store into a foo-foo bike shop right about the time I bought the house, and they have the requisite two Starbucks within four blocks.