"Chimney" or "Split" Rock Question???

Choada_Boy

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was up there last year on my motorcyle. The rock quality isn't bad. It offers up pockets, edges and protectable cracks. Tony B. and I put in some anchors up there about 7-8yrs ago. There's also some good bouldering around the base. There's a route that goes up the W. face that's bolted(11+/12-?). It's worth looking at. There's also a natural spring that eminates from the base as well as good tent site atop Split Rock with sunset views of the San Juans. Elevation is around 3000'. That's all I have.

I've been curious about it too. I'd heard that it's all sport routes and that Dallas Kloke and Leland Windham have been involved, but I haven't been able to get any information on the place.

Dallas Kloke.....about 9 years ago that dude took the summit shot of me and my partners on top of liberty bell. I did not know who he was until his partner told us who he was after he decended. He and his partner followed us up the route.

Nice guy.

So when you finished taking this pic did you whip shitties in the beautiful meadow to the right? Let's go place some pins and take some whippers on them!!! Yeeeeehaaaaaa!!!! And then get ripped and ride motorcycles near horses and hikers!!!