rainier by success cleaver next spring break

shiva

Hi everyone

I am looking for someone to climb the success cleaver with me next spring break unfortunately I am only 14 and I have yet to find any one to climb with. if you are interested just post and please I would like to climb with some one who is experienced.

thanks

L.M.B.D

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sons both summited Rainier at age 16 and 17 they are 19 and 20 now, and don't climb with me as much,

To get to the top though took a lot of "training climbs" we used tiger mountain west as a very good day hike with 30 lbs packs, we did this over and OVER, we also practiced rope travel and self and team arrest on several climbs of Mt Danial, which is a great training Mt! In my humble opinion it is more important to get out there and train on a mountain not just in the gym,

and even more important that if you are looking for a group to climb with, make sure you and or your parents know who you are going with and that they have ALL the leadership skills and experience to get you to the top, if you read through this great site you will read many stories of what has and will go wrong on the mountain. all that being said, have a great time practicing and I hope you get there.P1010089.jpg

Edited by Spencer

Yo Shiva, Success cleaver is a good route. It's a long day and there is no such thing as roped travel. Are you really good at snow trave on steep slopes? I like the route for the novelty of not touching a glacier though. I may be in for the climb lets chat.