what can i do solo

jackthenewb

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I too would like to climb solo, particularly Rainier, but that's not allowed I am told. I'll be up at Rainier this July 3-7, and would like to partner up with another partner, or partners....any takers out there? I'm having very little luck in finding a climbing partner....I'm guessing my chances may improve as we get closer to July, and others are wanting to climb Rainier in a more oppourtune time.

....let me know you people out there, I can offer any additional information you may require....I've posted in 'climbing partners' & in 'rainier np'...no luck yet, but I remain optimistic.

seriously interested climbers need only reply. :-)

~rik

you can solo rainier, you're just supposed to get a solo permit first

if it's getting closer to the time you want to climb and you havne't found a partner, just repost as a hot chick and you'll have your pick! they might be confused at first, but then just tell 'em you're going to meet the chick at muir or something...

This is strange...I would never rest my life with another's decision as to if I could solo or not....Sure I have soloed routes here and there from rock faces to alpine mountains. However, I never asked other people in a forum such as this. I knew my limits and abilities from climbing for awhile. Then when I felt the urge to solo I did. Though, I'd never solo on a regular basis, since it's more fun to share the outdoor experience with others.