The Unholy Marriage

wayne

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the separation of church and state should not be construed to mean ' the separation of spirituality and state'.

this country was founded upon spiritual values.

some trader-types want the separation , to better advance their 'ideals' of commerce, unchecked by deeper spiritual values, social conscience and similar hindrances.

the separation of church and state should not be construed to mean ' the separation of spirituality and state'.

this country was founded upon spiritual values.

I hate to point out the obvious, but they were Christians, Puritans, Quakers and the like. Not "spiritualists". Not that Christian values aren't shared by other religions as well; but let's not take the current fad of "Oh, I'm not religious but I'm spiritual" and overlay it onto the early folks who founded our country.

i think the problem with this is reaching a consensual agreement on what those spiritual values are. for instance, some people think not having an abortion is spititually good and some people think a freedom of choice for women is spititually good.

your logic is hopelessly flawed.

i think the problem with this is reaching a consensual agreement on what those spiritual values are. for instance, some people think not having an abortion is spititually good and some people think a freedom of choice for women is spititually good.

your logic is hopelessly flawed.

I don't believe V7 (one turnip shy of a V8?) feels constrained by logic.

...spititually...

what is "spit-tit-chewelly"?

I hate to point out the obvious, but they were Christians, Puritans, Quakers and the like. Not "spiritualists". Not that Christian values aren't shared by other religions as well; but let's not take the current fad of "Oh, I'm not religious but I'm spiritual" and overlay it onto the early folks who founded our country.

True. And that is why it is especially impressive that they took special pains to make sure that religion was seperate from government.

Edited by Jim