music you are embarrassed to admit you like

fig8

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only mildly humiliated to admit I am a big Yes fan. Cant the christians re-orient people like me now?

I certainly have musical skeletons in my own closet (Matthew Sweet, anybody?) - but the notion that there are Yes fans over age 15 walking among us is a source of great concern to me. :eveeel:

This sucks.

Apparently, you suck.

Maybe you can spin it and claim coolness because you listen to coldplay, to be even hipper than the haters. Dissing coldplay is so last spring!

Man, seriously. If you like something, FUCK IT! Who freaking cares whats "cool".

I'll admit that I like to listen to anything from Slayer to "Jewel", to Christmas songs, to Coldplay, to Dashboard Confessional, to The Beautiful Girls, to Jack Johnson, to Al Green, Bob Marley, Ben Harper, Ratatat (awesome techno), The Beetles, Jimi Hendricks, The Chieftains, Simon and Garfunkiel, Damian Rice, Zoot Woman, Current Swell, Bob Dylan, Steve Miller Band, The Shins, Norah Jones, The Kings of Convenience, The Dixi Chicks, The Cranberries, Dido, Jake Shimabukuro (the best string artist EVER), Jason Miraz, Jurassic Five, A Tribe Called Quest, Keny G, Led Zeppelin, The Black Keys............ this list could be ten time longer......

All I'm saying is, if you care that much what other people think of you just because you like some music, YOU ARE A PUSSY.

Screw it, that dude Cold Play has some freaking talent. Who cares? :noway:

You know, I Like Sun does have a good point.

You should not be embarrassed about who and what you are.

I like the Brookline Tabernacle Choir.

“Jesus, Lover of My Soul”

And I am NOT afraid to admit it.

Any of the old hymns jazzed up.

Amazing Grace sung to the tune of Gilligan’s Island. (Well actually you can sing AG to any tune. And it really, really works.)

Any of the old hymns jazzed up.

Amazing Grace sung to the tune of Gilligan’s Island. (Well actually you can sing AG to any tune. And it really, really works.)

So true! We used to sing AG to the tune of "House of the Rising Sun" and to "Peaceful, Easy Feeling." Forgot all about that church camp stuff. :D

Speaking of which, OMG it's all coming back to me now :ooo: , there was a song we did called "The Weinie Song."

"I love the weinie man

He owns a weinie stand

He sells most anything

From hot dogs, on down.

Someday I'll join his life

I'll be his weinie wife.

HOT DOG!

I love the weinie man."

Now that was some classic stuff, right there. Thanks for the good times, Jesus. :wave:

Man you guys really do listen to some crap. Stuff I am sort of embarassed that I like is Linkin Park, Marilyn Manson, Snoop Dog, Dr. Dre and Jack Johnson

WHAT? How is snoop dog and dr. dre embarrassing?

Maybe the question should be "What is a Snoop Dog?" and what kind of Doctor is Dr. Dre?

I've been a fan of Hanson since their first CD "Middle of Nowhere". I enjoyed it for the most part, then came the 2nd CD "This Time Around" and it was better than the first. Still gets much play from me.

Now comes Underneath. If it hadnt been for me searching amazon for some new music. I might have missed this cd, but i'm so glad that i got the single "Penny & Me" and then i bought the whole cd as well. I dont have an issue with any song on Underneath at all. Its something that i can listen to and enjoy without even caring about what others think.

Also "Penny & Me" have been getting much play on the video channels over here in England. Which where i'm stationed right now. So if your a Hanson fan or not. You should really check out their latest "Underneath".

You'll wonder why you didnt get it sooner...coming from a die hard music fan.

Man you guys really do listen to some crap. Stuff I am sort of embarassed that I like is Linkin Park, Marilyn Manson, Snoop Dog, Dr. Dre and Jack Johnson

WHAT? How is snoop dog and dr. dre embarrassing?

Hmm, maybe it has to do with the fact I am far from a gangsta, not even close to being a wigga. I don't carry around a piece, gat or 9 milli. I don't call women I hang out with ho's and bitches, nor do they just mean sex to me.

I do like chronic, indo, sticky icky and gin&juice though.

We're no strangers to love

You know the rules and so do I

A full commitment's what I'm thinking of

You wouldn't get this from any other guy

I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling

Gotta make you understand

Never gonna give you up

Never gonna let you down

Never gonna run around and desert you

Never gonna make you cry

Never gonna say goodbye

Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

We've know each other for so long

Your heart's been aching

But you're too shy to say it

Inside we both know what's been going on

We know the game and we're gonna play it

And if you ask me how I'm feeling

Don't tell me you're too blind to see

Never gonna give you up

Never gonna let you down

Hmm, maybe it has to do with the fact I am far from a gangsta, not even close to being a wigga. I don't carry around a piece, gat or 9 milli. I don't call women I hang out with ho's and bitches, nor do they just mean sex to me.

I do like chronic, indo, sticky icky and gin&juice though.

Nor are the majority of the people that purchase his music. You don't have to be gun tottin' thug or wannabe to appreciate his music.

But to each his own.