[TR] Alpine Lakes - Prusik Peak - South Face 8/4/2007

bumbass

Trip: Alpine Lakes - Prusik Peak - South Face

Date: 8/4/2007

Trip Report:

friday night: stash two mountain bikes, 8 clif bars and 1 gallon of water at colchuck lake trail head. illegal bivy on unnamed road for a couple hours.

staurday morning: 4:30am. park car at snow lake trail head. start walking up hill to prusik, send it in four pitches. find a trail up to assgard pass, pass one ranger, two mountain goats, one bald eagle and ALOT of humans. slide down assgard pass, around colchuck lake and run down final bit of trail. find bikes in good condition. find food bag torn open by some animal who slobbers. consume remaing contents. ride bikes down hill at blinding speed to car. touch car at 8:50pm, in the daylight.

best day of my life.

prusik_8-4-07_05.jpg

prusik_8-4-07_01.jpg

prusik_8-4-07_04.jpg

prusik_8-4-07_02.jpg

prusik_8-4-07_03.jpg

Edited by bumbass

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While you were stuck doing this lame route, I was styling up some new "5.9" (read 5.2) stuff at Post Falls - core. Don't be too jeleous though because it sounds like your adventure was ok too :)

Actually, I'm quite jeleous. I've seen the area from above Aasgard Pass and can hardly wait to get in there for some fun on the West Ridge. Nice shot of the humans.