moutaineering boots/backpack

Maine-iac

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to do a lot of snow routes, and i want the potential to have warm feet in very cold weather. For the backpack i need to beable to haul a sleeping bag, tent, cooking stuff, and all that other good stuff.

all that other good stuff? what other good stuff are you talking about? are you looking to go fast and lite? how long do you want to be out for? do you tend to over pack or are you good at just having exactly what you need? do you like top loaders or are you looking for something with a bottom zip so you can get to the bottom of the pack quickly? do you like to have a camel back or some other hydration system?

back packs are so diverse it is hard for me to say what might work for you. I have an Ospray that i love for cragging and for overnight trips. Over ONE night. any thing more than that and i am going to have to invest in a different pack.

the other important thing to consider is fit i have and odd shape about me so i fit best in a Men's Regular back pack. all the womens packs i have ever tried ride too high on the hip for me.

go some place that will weight packs for you and let you walk around in them for a while. here in eugene the guys at Backcountry are GREAT. thats where i got my pack. I HATE to shop, yet they always my my experience fun.

good luck