2 things

erik

who cares about your precious mec crap?? i certainly don't.......

blah blah blah my crap is better then your crap....blah blah blah.....

all of the stuff works, if other want to or can afford to pay more let them. it has no barring on your life and you are certainly no better for it.....and maybe even for for it, if you think you need to wave that banner.....

sk & allison take your wannabe cat fight somewhere else.....jeez....no one cares!!!!!!!!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by erik:

who cares about your precious mec crap?? i certainly don't.......

blah blah blah my crap is better then your crap....blah blah blah.....

all of the stuff works, if other want to or can afford to pay more let them. it has no barring on your life and you are certainly no better for it.....and maybe even for for it, if you think you need to wave that banner.....

sk & allison take your wannabe cat fight somewhere else.....jeez....no one cares!!!!!!!!

ClodVeil SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Razz]

quote:

Originally posted by jon:

Edog how does climbing with one of these packs compare to using a medium size camalback?

well jon

the only draw back i find with the pack is accessing it. since it is attached to the back of your harness. though with some careful attention you wil have no problemo. thing with camelback is that the drinking hose is right there and the harness pack's isnt. though i think i will carry a traditional water bottle more often then not. but they always feel tight agaist my bulging chest!!!!!

Am I missing something, or can we assume SK has never met either Erik or Cavey? After all, anorexic is way off base...

The cool thing is, and the truth is (and I will leave Cavey out of this so that no other chicks complain to me as they have before) Erik IS FAT, and that is just one thing that makes it so cool that he cranks.

And, a little extra fat at a cold bivy can be nice. Plus, its a good excuse to make Erik carry more shit. Strength to weight ratio could be an issue for sick face climbing, but then that is for sportos...Extra fat layers rock for fun 5.10 offwidth. And, if it really comes down to it, secret weapons can be used on the hard face climbing, as long as all tendons are intact...

other ben-e's are...bomber belay when the fat guy is the belay anchor, good opposition for a heavy haul bag (my biggest reason for wishing I weighed more)(but at least that means there is a good reason to let Erik haul on day one for the benefit of the team), something sturdy to hold onto during river crossings, fat boy's extra clothes fit over your regular clothes expanding the available layers at multi-hour belays without ever having to share your own clothes, and more that I better not mention...

So, you might not want to question people's fatness unless you are purposefully trying to downplay their climbing abilities and overall appeal as a partner....

Originally posted by hollyclimber:

[QB]Am I missing something, or can we assume SK has never met either Erik or Cavey? After all, anorexic is way off base...

Umm holly, I haven't met either, and I was mostly joking. My point was that people should just be what they are. And when I think some one is fat... I'm talkin' 500lbs and 5 feet tall. Erik can not be like that cause he gets out way too much. Definatly MY issue. I hate to hear healthy people refer to themselves as anything but healthy. [big Grin]

quote:

(and I will leave Cavey out of this so that no other chicks complain to me as they have before)

Caveman showed me his alpine belly when I met him first time ... it's almost as big as mine. [laf][laf][laf]

BENEFITS OF THE ALPINE BELLY (AkA Ale Appendage)

Originally written by some old dude c. 1974

1) Like camel's hump, carries valuable moisture and nutrition, meaning pack can be lighter

2) more surface area for mantels and slab climbing

3) can't see down past feet, so don't get scared by exposure

4) soft protection for vital organs in the event of rockfall

5) when eating, forms natural table

6) when sleeping, sleep on front - no need of Thermarest

7) great for seal sliding down snowslopes - preserves goretex on seat of expensive pants.

8) keeps you warmer - dont need as much clothing. especially good for cramped ice climbing belays.

9) counterbalances centre of gravity with large pack keeping one in balance over feet - more efficient hiking

[ 06-21-2002, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: Dru ]

quote:

The cool thing is, and the truth is (and I will leave Cavey out of this so that no other chicks complain to me as they have before) Erik IS FAT, and that is just one thing that makes it so cool that he cranks.

He may be fat, but you're ugly, and there is NO benefit to that.

quote:

Originally posted by whillans:

quote:

He may be fat, but you're ugly, and there is NO benefit to that.

DAMMNIT NO FLAMIN PEOPLE WITH AVATARS YOU GAVE AWAY BEEYOTCH!!!!

[Mad][Mad]

Dig out some new ones! [Wink]

erik erik, help me! lock down the thread! the avatar known as Willans insulted me and I am so hurt!! make him stop!

oh yeah, Erik is at Wa Pass already...oh well.

PS - Advantages to being ugly...

My climbing partners' girlfriends don't get jealous, so I don't have any problems with that

I can use the stall in the men's restroom without a second glace, so no lines

Never get that second look from a ranger in the Valley, so they don't notice me or which van I am illegally sleeping in...same for Paradise parking lot

Never have the problem where people assume a good looking girl can't crank (a few shallow minded people actually think this...good thing it doesn't affect me)

quote:

Erik IS FAT, and that is just one thing that makes it so cool that he cranks.

Erik is one helluva trad machine. I have only climbed with Erik once, but there's no way that guy is fat. Now on the other hand if you want to see a fat climber, I am carrying around one hell of a spare tire. I guess it's all relative though.

And no Dru, that is not why my username is "belly montagne." [laf]

[ 06-21-2002, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: bellemontagne ]

quote:

Originally posted by trask:

quote:

Originally posted by ScottP:

Gee, I'm sorry Trask. I didn't intend to ruin the mood, you fucking crybaby.

I'll preface this post by saying I don't care if you're a climbing God. You need to get your head out of your ass, you sack, and quit stabbing at (my) posts with the sarcastic, nit-picking criticism which seems to be your MO. This isn't fucking school...we don't need to be corrected or called to the office. I think you’re the whinny fuck – punk. This is the end of it for me. I don't acknowledge your ass anymore. ScottP SUX

Wow, you've really got some issues...

What you don't have is a sense of humor. You can be shitty all you want, but when someone posts something you perceive as negative toward you, you freak out.