SNOWMOBLIE

JERRY_SANCHEZ

Never tried it, but it sounds like a good idea. Probably a 6pack of Bud is enough, eh?

I don't know about Cascade River road... assuming the 'bilers don't illegally enter the park, there aren't very many places for them to go up there, are there? I think the park boundary is still quite some ways from the Cascade Pass trailhead. Or maybe snowmobiles are actually allowed on the road to the trailhead?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello

I want to climb/ski Mt. Baker this winter at the standard Coleman route. But I know that the road up to the trailhead is snowed in. I've heard that this road is snowmobile heaven and would it be possible to ask for a ride up to the trailhead for a fee or a case of beer. I'm not a big snowmobile fan but did anyone have ever tried it there or elsewhere where there is good climbing or skiing in the winter? How about the Cascade River Road?

As far as Cascade River road goes the park boundary is approximately 5-6 miles from the Cascade Pass parking lot and I'm pretty sure the new NPS ban is in effect. Another issue is that the road sometimes is closed before one reaches snow - either by down trees or mud/rockslides. The county usually waits until spring since no one lives past milepost 4 0r 5. All that said, I think snowmobiling to the NPS boundary would be the way to go.