• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
texplorer

Yellow Aliens

Yellow Aliens are the best piece of pro ever invented. If you don't think so present a 5 page essay or be sprayed.

Aliens suck. Yellow TCU and pink Tri cam are the best. #6 Friend is second best.

word Dru. What is it with everyone loving aliens for free climbing?? When they get old the stems get all flopy. Metolious all the way for little cams! [big Drink]

I had a Metolious pro deal too and have yellow TCUs too. They just aren't the shit. But I will give in to horsecock. It is truly the ultimate piece of pro. The pro you can eat!

The only thing better than a yellow alien is an old (out of print) WC #6 Stopper with the stock peach tape.

They suck though now that they changed the color of the tape icon13.gif[hell no] .

quote:

Originally posted by chucK:

The only thing better than a yellow alien is an old (out of print) WC #6 Stopper with the stock peach tape.

They suck though now that they changed the color of the tape
icon13.gif[hell no]

I have two peachies I will trade one for a non-peach colored one and 6 beers [Wink]

Aleins are great! But that is for aid. Free clibing with them isn't near as good of an experiance as it is with tcus. They are just too flexible for free. But when it comes to aid they rule.

yellow and red...shiznat

Those are my absolute favorites. Bomber. I've never tried horsecock... I hear it tastes like canadian chicken. Bok Bok eh?

quote:

Originally posted by dbb:

Metolious all the...

Not to be confused with Metoliliouous, makers of the Horsecock 9000™.

METOLIUS - made in the PNW. Gave me a nice pro deal one time.

CCH - wanky Colorado brand.

The choice is clear.

I mean Aliens are OK but they get stuck more easily and are harder to clean when they get all stuck-up.

What I cant figure is why no one makes a 3-cam unit with internal springs like an Alien has? It would be thinner laterally than a TCU OR an Alien, and would be more stable than those silly SplitHer Gear things.

red I love...

green and yellow, tied for my second favorite...

offset aliens... now those are the actual shiznit.

but, if I had to pick just one alien it would definitely be red...

Dru is right though, brands with no pro deal are a big bummer. Gotta find the guy out of money in the Valley to pick them up.

A Haiku for Aliens

I love Aliens

Climbing thin cracks in granite

They give me power.

[big Drink]

Yellow alien,

favorite off-finger pro.

Fingerlocks, choose green.

oops

[ 07-08-2002, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: chucK ]

If I let my green alien ripen will it become red or yellow?

I used the yellow alien in the "Lithuanian Lip", as my piece of gear between the bolt and the titanium piton at the crest of the roof. The yellow alien is the key piece of gear so often, I'm no longer surprised!

--Michael

Aliens are nice. The yellow a convenient size. Metolius are also nice.

The best, however, is a yellow lowe ball. Nothing else (besides a pin will fit a similarly sized parallel crack.

All other gear is redundant.

I like my blue Alien. I can find plenty of small slots and pin scars to place it in, and I've taken a number of falls on it. It holds just fine. You just need to know how to place gear...

quote:

Originally posted by Matt Anderson:

Aliens are nice. The yellow a convenient size. Metolius are also nice.

The best, however, is a yellow lowe ball. Nothing else (besides a pin will fit a similarly sized parallel crack.

All other gear is redundant.

Zero Cams

Whoops, Dru's right - I should have said the blue lowe ball , which protects cracks 3-6 mm. Wild country protects down to 5.8 now.

new Answer - the Blue lowe ball!