[TR] Mt. Olympus Speed Record - 7/31/2007

off_the_hook

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jessbee, glad you had a great time on the mountain as well!

Hydration: No filter. I started with a 2L Hydration bladder, refilling at a stream on the slabs just before the ascent to Snow Dome.

Footwear: Trail runners from the North Bend Factory Stores.

Camera: The 3.5 year old Nikon 5600 has been great for scenery shots; light and simple. The new Nikons with greater MPs and features are tempting though.

Wonderland: I have thought about it, but I only want to do it when I feel adequately prepared to do 94 miles very fast, which is not yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Leor,

Wow, way to choose your own ultras this summer! What most of us can only dream about, you can pull off.

What a killer summer you had, in spite of the WA weather (with your day trip abilities, the weather is not fast enough to catch you out...).

I wish I had some perspective on mountain running, but you are so far out beyond what I've ever done. Back in 1977 I [rope-]soloed the direct N Ridge of Stuart (w/o gendarme), but managed to crush my foot in a loose talus field when descending the NW Buttress. That was the start and end of my "mountain running". So I guess all I can say is don't go down that NW Buttress!

Thanks for sharing.