Outdoor Retailer, Climbing in SLC on 8/8/07

FBCC

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For summertime outings in LCC you'll want to climb on the PentaPitch Buttress, Coalpit Buttress, and Daddy Long-Legs Wall during the 1st half of the day.

If your lookin' for an all-day affair you'll want to take up lummox recommendation and head into Fergusen Canyon.

After your jaunt into the LCC/BCC area i would recommend thrownin' down at The Cotton Bottom Tavern. just off 6200 South at the base of Big Cottonwood Canyon, look for the faded wooden sign featuring a bunny rabbit hoisting a beer. this tiny beer joint grills up the best damn garlic burgers. the usual patrons are the outdoor-type and grizzled locals.

Let see for good beer head to the Bayou. I would skip the brew pubs like Squatters and Red Rock not cause their beer is bad it is pretty good. But being so close to the show they will be very crowded. The Bayou does get crowded on the weekends though.

As for climbing - it is dam hot here. We have gone to morning climbing instead. Some places for morning climbing. S-Curves, Sports Challenge Buttrees, Psycho-Babble are quick and easy to get to. For nice all day head to Alta and Albion Basin and play on Devil's Castle or some of the new climbs around Cerect Lake.

Hello all

Thanks for all the input. Sorry I have been off the Radar since I asked the question back on 7/31/07. Just got back from taking the kids to Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP, it was great!

So it looks like eveyone is saying climb early in the morning and suggests climbing in certain areas for easy access or to avoid the heat, however I really haven't seen anyone say I am in for climbing the morning of the 8th. I see that Marylou and crackers are meeting end of the day Friday on the floor. Is everyone on this string invited? where on the floor?

Thanks again for all the input

Andy