Pope convicted by his "peers"

pope

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what's the cut off for long and short routes?

i'd like to know if i've ever soloed...

depending on what this cut off is... maybe there are a lot of people cooler than pope. or at least lucky enough to be his peers

Edited by underworld

like in his everyday life, the 'modern' climber try his hardest to remove himself from the experience.fear,adventure,chance,risk,awareness,consciousness are all hindrances to his 'success'.he got no time fo' that.

from his ac'd house to his ac'd car, altimeters,ropes,grigris,asscenders,racks,fast/light crap,bolts,grades,etc he would shit to have to 'climb'5.6 alone.

like in his everyday life, the 'modern' climber try his hardest to remove himself from the experience.fear,adventure,chance,risk,awareness,consciousness are all hindrances to his 'success'.he got no time fo' that.

from his ac'd house to his ac'd car, altimeters,ropes,grigris,asscenders,racks,fast/light crap,bolts,grades,etc he would shit to have to 'climb'5.6 alone.

maybe those that can still find a pure send with all those gadgets and gear has a little more mental fortitute than those that are easily distracted by all that.

like a good driver is one that can knee stear w/ a phone in one hand, cig in the other and meatball sub in the other...vs someone that needs total silence and no traffic to make safe passage.

depending on what this cut off is... maybe there are a lot of people cooler than pope. or at least lucky enough to be his peers

i know i aint his peer! i think if you ever soloed ,you know it.i think its the part where your fear matches your capacity.

you sound like a shittalkin' tool...go lose some more weight and cut off the fat lobe above your neck...

Anything shorter than three days is short.

A "girl" her gotta have her standards!

(snip)

like a good driver is one that can knee stear w/ a phone in one hand, cig in the other and meatball sub in the other...vs someone that needs total silence and no traffic to make safe passage.

mn_boy_bej803.jpg

In other words, someone quite special...

bolting is pollution plain and simple.

Are you telling me you have never used a bolt? For anything?

Thats what I thought! ;)

i clipped a few on belays.climbed a few bolted routes and it always feels like 'rock-rape" to me.....odd in nature.

bolt the gym!!!climb indoors.leave the rock alone.

its just become too easy for anyone to bolt whatever they feel like.it's just 'tagging'. like the kids graffiti.or tattooing your bod.

then punks can say they put up a new route.GETTING YOUR KICKS.leaving your mark.otherwise who will learn of your greatness?

IMOHO

Yeah, and you must be really disgusted with those bolt placing rock rapers like Tom Higgins, Fred Beckey, Royal Robbins, Vern Clevenger, Tobin Sorenson, John Bachar, John Salathe, Layton Kor, Ron Kauk, Kurt Smith, Werner Braun, Rick Accomazzo, Kevin Worrall, Jim Bridwell, Pat Callis, Bob Kamps, George Lowe, and that whole crowd of punkass twits tagging the rocks for kicks.

Yeah, and you must be really disgusted with those bolt placing rock rapers like Tom Higgins, Fred Beckey, Royal Robbins, Vern Clevenger, Tobin Sorenson, John Bachar, John Salathe, Layton Kor, Ron Kauk, Kurt Smith, Werner Braun, Rick Accomazzo, Kevin Worrall, Jim Bridwell, Pat Callis, Bob Kamps, George Lowe, and that whole crowd of punkass twits tagging the rocks for kicks.

never heard of 'hem. what about lynn hill she's a bolter right? girls bolt too......

never heard of 'hem.

How embarrassing for you.

Lynn's not particularly known for poking holes on the sharp end, but I'd be surprised if she hasn't done it, along with the likes of Bev Johnson, Sybele Hetchel, Catherine Freer, Sue McDevitt, Eve Tallman, Lisa Rands, and a host of others you've also never heard of.

i was joking on the not knowing...... but if you read my post i said it 'felt to me' like rock-nature-rape. in a gym i dont feel that.a few years back, i saw a video of lynn and some other great new kids climbing a route somewhere far and obscure and they bolted some of it if i recall, i thought it was too bad.i was into their adventure until they pulled the hilti out......

personally, i never bolted and never will.if i climb a bolted route,i enjoy it, but i dont call it climbing rock and the grades are rather meaningless (sorry, noob), like if i have to jumar my way up the big 'e' i dont feel i'm messner's buddy.a spade is..

i really feel bolting should be restricted to specific urban areas , for practice. real rock lines should be preserved for many generations to test themselves at improvisation.