Pope convicted by his "peers"

pope

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ultimately the "peers" are lost to history as whining non climber/poseurs who spend the better part of their free time making babies and clipping bolts.

Climbing as a whole has lost its bite and anyone who has registered after 2002 on CC.com is pretty much in the peanut, bolt clipper gallery*. Sorry peanuts, but you have missed out.

Cheers and :fahq:

Nice work Pope! Thats some good stuff mate. I have a PM inc to you. We have a loop to do.

* A few exceptions do exist.

Just noticed this subject line on the recent Ken Nichols thread. Joke. Got news for you kids, you ain't my peers. Not until you've done this:

brassy.jpg

soloing 5.10 in your youth is not the endall of anything...there are many on this site that have done that...

...soloing 5.10 in your youth is not the endall of anything...there are many on this site that have done that...

You 3rd-classed Brass Balls? How about down Canary? And Outerspace? How about all of this and more (30 pitches) before lunch one morning?

Because if my "peers" are going to "convict" me, I should probably know who they are! :ass:

...soloing 5.10 in your youth is not the endall of anything...there are many on this site that have done that...

You 3rd-classed Brass Balls? How about down Canary? And Outerspace? How about all of this and more (30 pitches) before lunch one morning?

Because if my "peers" are going to "convict" me, I should probably know who they are! :ass:

tape_measure.jpg

131888.jpg

The "defer to the judgments of the guy who has the hardest free-solo" argument is rather odd one forward given that the number of climbers who are superior in this respect to both the Pope of twenty years ago, much less the Pope of today, who have no problem with bolted sport climbing is greater than zero.

Gulliver describes two diversions which are practiced by people seeking positions and honors at court. The first is rope-dancing, whereby candidates for office at court dance on a rope. Whoever jumps highest without falling is given the job. Sometimes, existing ministers are expected to show that they still possess this skill. The rivalry is such that often there are fatal accidents, as ministers strain too far and fall. In the second activity, candidates for honors at court must leap over, and creep under, a stick held out by the Emperor. Whoever shows most agility at "leaping and creeping" is awarded a piece of colored silk.

i've never convicted you of anything other than being a dumbass...

I didn't live here when i was young and stupid, so no, i didn't solo those particular routes...being young and stupid at one time in my life, i've soloed in that difficulty range on the east coast though...but bragging about soloing is totally ghey...its personal...

so tell me stud, why don't you solo anymore????

Edited by RuMR