What for grub?

fleblebleb

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gummy bears, landjaeger, sesame snaps, choklit for lunch.

Bloatmeal, or Ichiban/Ramen, or choklit pudding for breakfast. That instant potato thing is too gross.

Lots of garlic for dinner, maybe with soup and/or pesto and pasta added to it. Beware of boil in the bag curry eruptus.

Jaegermeister and a bud of the good green for after dinner. [big Grin] Esp. in Muir Hut. [big Grin]

Teriyaki turkey jerky, cup a soups, fig newtons, either a french roll or sometimes flour tortillas w/butter & jelly, maybe some other cookies, gu, cliff bars (uggh), sometimes freeze dried foods. That doesn't look to healthy now that I see it in writing.

i like to buy the lipton spanish rice packets, usually about $1, 1 per person, and throw in some tortillas, some cheese if your real fancy

boil water, cook for 10 minutes, and it is grubbin chubbin lovin!

just ask jon, thats his fav

when I go backpacking, sometimes i'll bring that pre-packaged pad thai, mmmmmm!

can't go wrong with cous cous either cuz its so lite

for trips w/out stoves, bagles with peanut butter, pro max bars, gu, and my special freshieformula

That other barley product, Grape Nuts (or generic equivalent) with yogurt and raisins. It's like 1000 cals and facilitates colon motility. My climbing partners really enjoy it when I mix the whole mess up while steering with my knees.

Tasty Bites and cous cous. Tasty Bites are pre-cooked packed-in-foil-pouches Indian dinners. All you have to do is heat them up in boiling water, then take it out and use that water for cous cous. Voila! ***** 5 star indian dinner, even better than eating at home. The indian packets do wheigh a lot, but it is 100% worth it. [big Grin]

Do not take couscous on anything but a weekend trip or you will starve to death after the 2nd straight day of eating it...body revolts....will not place disgusting substance anywhere near mouth.

What about good old BACON. Ed Abbey, in his books, is always cookin bacon for breakfast. You take a pound or so and fry it up good and you arent gonna get cold AT ALL during the day. Bacon taped over a blister will also heal it, and you can cut a slit in the bacon and put it over your eyes if you forgot your sunglasses.... [Wink]