Deadly Force Questions for Legal Experts/Cops

Choada_Boy

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to a gun shop a few months ago. They asked if they could help me. I told them I was moving to Belltown. "I have just the thing." He showed me a Kel-tec P-32. Nice. What I worried most about was what I do if I kill a mugger on the street. Stay or run? I finally decided I'd be more scared armed than unarmed.

I keep 2 old ice axes in the corners of my bedroom.

i've heard a noise in the night and thought of my ice tools. the down side would seem to be that once i've used them the intruder wouldn't be able to get away. maybe leashless is better (but then you loose your tools).

I keep 2 old ice axes in the corners of my bedroom.

i've heard a noise in the night and thought of my ice tools. the down side would seem to be that once i've used them the intruder wouldn't be able to get away. maybe leashless is better (but then you loose your tools).

That's why the retired old ice axes are good. Nasty looking, easy to use, you're used to handling it... Let your old friends be your home defenders.

Dude, you don't need a gun... try 4 full cans of PBR in a pillow case, just like Sean Penn in the film Bad Boys.

When you are done swinging, and you've worked up a thirst, you have PBR right there too.

be sure you tap the lid several times with your fingernail before opening however

4 "D" batteries in a sock - the lite version of your PBR pillowcase - was the weapon of choice among the neighborhood toughs when i was a kid.

just something more for your bedroom arsenal.

That isn't bad, more of a Charlie Bronson style as in the film Death Wish, but he used rolls of quarters.

State law varies. In general, deadly force is authorized only if you are:

Trying to protect yourself or another person from death or serious bodily harm;

Trying to prevent a forcible felony, such as rape, robbery, burglary or kidnapping.

Pay a few bucks and take the concealed carry class to get real deal.

isn't "assault and battery" a forcible felony? Or is it degreed? ...ain't no lawyer, just askin'...

If I wake up and someone's in my house, can I go downstairs and kill them dead on the spot, no questions asked?

If you do so, make sure is is someone you don't know, then keep repeating this mantra:

"I was in fear for my life. I thought he had a gun."

Your comments are only meant to provoke. I'm rubber, you're glue. If those dudes last night had a real fear that someone might just blow their heads off or beat them into a coma for their actions, I wouldn't be sitting here ignoring your drivel. Maybe the dude's face will heal up in a year and everyone will feel fine about how they did nothing.

sound like you need to think through first what is the right thing to do in this instance.

I've found that people like that tend to be cowards. I've never sat paralyzed and thought about something like this afterwards, my response has always been to just jump right in, once attacking 6 skinheads stomping and beating a solitary black dude on the streets of London at 1 am. They jumped up and ran away as my 160db attack screams rapidly closed in on them. A block away they realized who they were running from and thought they could get away with comin back and takin me on. They got back and chose otherwise, despite the fact that every one of them was taller than me, as I would have smashed those mf asswipes into the pavement. I knew it and they knew it too. I was more than ready for them, they were not really ready for me. After the a piss poor attempt at trash talkin, they moved on.

To go kill someone because you somehow missed your chance to kick their ass's as they deserved is way over the top Choada. Way over.

My advice, grab a couple of neighbors and go confront them. Immediately, suddenly, brutally and unexpectedly. Get this thing off your mind asap or it will start to burn. Pushing someone up against the wall can cause the same, sometimes better effect than beating them silly. (depends on the person) So pay close attention to their personality as you do this. Some folks, they're ready to back off and apologise till you start smackin them, and once you start you gotta go till they're unconcious, so start small and if you have to go big: go big, go hard, and go quick. Don't start there though.

Do not walk down there with a weapon at all is my call, assumin you're talkin 15-16 year olds here. Don't need to risk life in a cage do ya? Kick some ass, take some names, make it clear to these bastards they were over the line, then make them apologise to the stompee - through their tears. Then call it a day and move on with your life after you have shaken the hands of the lads you just straightened out.

BTW, I was trained in the use of deadly force while in the military and still remember the rules of engagement. They do not apply in your instance so why even discuss it IMO.

Not knowing more of the story, that's my advise and I've done plenty of bad, mean, wrong shit in my life which I won't do anymore.

Do the right thing.

can i live next door to you? after reading a couple of pages of this all i can say is that if you were running into your house to get your glass Choda, you were headed the wrong direction. from experience it is not a wise choise to wear ones glasses when you are likely to get punched in the face, it just slows you down. like my buddy billco my instinct would be to a)get on my cell and call the cops b) start running to jump in the middle.

p.s. i got beat bloody by some seatle skins when i was 15 in a pit. it wasn't any fun but i made my point. they coulda kept beating me all night long too i didn't give a fuck i wasn't going to back down. one of the guys i was there with pulled me out of the pit and propped my little ass against the wall and stood in front of me for the rest of the show and the skins left me alone after that.

If I wake up and someone's in my house, can I go downstairs and kill them dead on the spot, no questions asked?

If you do so, make sure is is someone you don't know, then keep repeating this mantra:

"I was in fear for my life. I thought he had a gun."

Add to the Mantra: "I need to talk to my attorney immediately" and you will be in good shape.