Canada Fleeces Visitors

KaskadskyjKozak

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a national park, not a goddamn business. It's for all people to enjoy, and your Canuck citizens pay the same prices, do they not? You should be ashamed.
As Murray has explained, it is a business, as is the government itself. Yes, parks are for all to enjoy, but that doesn't mean that they're free. I can assure you that the number of Canadians who have never visited a national park in their life is far larger than the number who have. Why shouldn't those who do visit pay for it like any other service? I certainly don't have a problem with it.

1) In the United States we have millions of foreigners visit our national parks along with our citizens and we don't fleece them with exorbitant fees.
I suspect that US parks get far more visitors per year than Canadian parks. High volume leads to low pricing.

95-40 or FIGHT!

That's funny. :lmao: Do you think Bush would do better than Polk?

This is a national park, not a goddamn business. It's for all people to enjoy, and your Canuck citizens pay the same prices, do they not? You should be ashamed.
As Murray has explained, it is a business, as is the government itself. Yes, parks are for all to enjoy, but that doesn't mean that they're free. I can assure you that the number of Canadians who have never visited a national park in their life is far larger than the number who have. Why shouldn't those who do visit pay for it like any other service? I certainly don't have a problem with it.

1) In the United States we have millions of foreigners visit our national parks along with our citizens and we don't fleece them with exorbitant fees.
I suspect that US parks get far more visitors per year than Canadian parks. High volume leads to low pricing.

Quick internet search reveals:

In 2004/2005 Banff National Park received 3,927,557 visitors

In 2004, Yellowstone received 2,868,316 visitors. :wave:

Quick internet search reveals:

In 2004/2005 Banff National Park received 3,927,557 visitors

In 2004, Yellowstone received 2,868,316 visitors. :wave:

I was referring to the park systems overall, not individual parks, which puts the numbers at about 428 million versus 26 million visitors per year.

Really, is spending $18 so your family can enjoy a day in one of the most beautiful places in the world so unreasonable?

Have you researched the price of gas in Canada yet? If anything, that should put a damper on any vacation plans north of the border.

I've been to the Canadian Rockies a bunch over the past 20 years. I've always payed the vehicle fees, but I've managed to figure out how to camp for free without leaving the park a bunch of times.

Ya just gotta think and be a little circumspect.

On the other hand I've never felt the need for a campfire. I like a good campfire, but they aren't a required part of time inbetween Banff and Jasper

I've been to the Canadian Rockies a bunch over the past 20 years. I've always payed the vehicle fees, but I've managed to figure out how to camp for free without leaving the park a bunch of times.

On the other hand I've never felt the need for a campfire. I like a good campfire, but they aren't a required part of time inbetween Banff and Jasper

You're not going with little kids, are you?

Really, is spending $18 so your family can enjoy a day in one of the most beautiful places in the world so unreasonable?

It's not $18. That's just the entry fee. Add $20 for a campsite and $8 for a campfire, and, and, and.

My question still remains. Did you pay $8 for a campfire?

It's not $18. That's just the entry fee. Add $20 for a campsite and $8 for a campfire, and, and, and.

My question still remains. Did you pay $8 for a campfire?

I haven't gone yet. Read the first post. :wazup:

On the other hand I've never felt the need for a campfire. I like a good campfire, but they aren't a required part of time in-between Banff and Jasper

You're not going with little kids, are you?

No, no kids with me any of those times just dirtbag climbing.

I'm sure a campfire would be up on the required list with kids.

make the little fuckers pitch-in with their allowance money.

"If you guys want to have a campfire tonight, we're all gonna need to pitch-in to purchase the right and firewood." I bet they enjoy the fire they own the more-so.

It doesn't address the point of the thread, but it may make some good times out of bad rates.