Napa Wine touring Adivce?

powderhound

So I am down in the Bay area for a the summer internship. To end my internship I want to head up to the Napa valley for a little wine. I have been trying to get some good information on doing tours but everything I come across seems so commercial. I am curious if anyone has done one before and If they would be willing to point me in the right direction.

Looking for information such as which city to stay at. Best way to travel between the wineries. Cheap places to stay. Ect....

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went on a napa wine tour with a group from work. We just rented/hired a person to drive us around the loop and chose which places we wanted to stop at. THis worked well--and I would say would be worth it even if a small group of you (two or three) paid more just to be sure you didn't have anyone outside your group there.

Don't miss Silver Oak--they were wonderful.

I went to a work retreat in Napa last fall, and we had a lot of fun. We did a sweet bike tour that included tastings at four vinyards. I don't recall who the tour was with, but it was a pretty sweet way to go.

Don't miss Robert Sinskey, Stag's Leap, and Clos du Val. One of my favorite wines from that trip was by Miner, although we didn't visit the winery.

Have fun. Napa is a good time.