• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
David Yount

Infinite Bliss ? Speed Record

13 hours car to car is the fastest time i've found on cc.com rc.com st.com, but i didn't wade thru all posts with infinite bliss in the subject or body.... mostly just trip reports....

seems like a solid time, and has anybody a faster time to share??

I suggest you read *all* the posts about infinite bliss. i think i read about a much faster time than that!

Yeah, but how many of those ascents have been verified by independent observers? What we need is some sort of organisation that could establish rules for speed climbing, and maybe a central website that could list all the speed climbing records, with maybe a forum so people could discuss the merits and qualifications of all the various speed climbers and their fastest ascents and stuff like that. It'd be great - anyone want to set that up?

About 1/1000 of climbs done are actually posted on websites.

People send routes everyday probably breaking speed records and probably never discuss it. Why? Because they don't care.

Don't quote me on this but I think it has gone in under 60 minutes from base to top (not counting approach or descent).

----------------------------

Anyone seen the footage of the Late Dan Osaman climbing that route in California that is hundreds of feet (500?) long in only a few minutes? It is on youtube.

i broke a few speed records/limits just the other day. I'm not going to post about it though.

Don't quote me on this but I think it has gone in under 60 minutes from base to top (not counting approach or descent).

----------------------------

Anyone seen the footage of the Late Dan Osaman climbing that route in California that is hundreds of feet (500?) long in only a few minutes? It is on youtube.

Lover's Leap

Bear's Reach, 400', 5.7

Dan did it in 4:25

123106_1801_M.jpg

It was 43 minutes I believe bottom to top with a short gym rope. They simul climbed the entire thing and slogged down the back side. I'd have to ask my buddy again if that was his time, but I'm pretty sure it was.

43 minutes is unbelievable….so what was their time from car to car, which is what the original post was asking about.

The one with the most speed is the one having the most fun.

I guess you really do live in Index, eh?

13 hours car to car was the fastest time I read, and I only read threads that were titled as a trip report, or similar. I figured if a team had intent to share their ascent then they would likely begin a new thread.

Just curious.

Buddy of mine tried to get me to join him several years ago.... for a speed attempt. I declined.

Just curious what kind of car to car time has been earned?

13 hours car to car was the fastest time I read, and I only read threads that were titled as a trip report, or similar. I figured if a team had intent to share their ascent then they would likely begin a new thread.

Just curious.

Buddy of mine tried to get me to join him several years ago.... for a speed attempt. I declined.

Just curious what kind of car to car time has been earned?

Why did you decline? Did you ever get on the route to just climb it?

Yeah, but how many of those ascents have been verified by independent observers? What we need is some sort of organisation that could establish rules for speed climbing, and maybe a central website that could list all the speed climbing records, with maybe a forum so people could discuss the merits and qualifications of all the various speed climbers and their fastest ascents and stuff like that. It'd be great - anyone want to set that up?

How about www.chestbeaters.com lol

I'd think men would learn that bragging about how fast they get done with something that most of us consider enjoyable at a more leisurely pace is unattractive.

I'd think men would learn that bragging about how fast they get done with something that most of us consider enjoyable at a more leisurely pace is unattractive.

and another thing - posting GPS tracks to prove you boffed some chick is TOTALLY OUT.

what about laps? or multiple "routes"?

surely there is some credit for that stuff.

It was 43 minutes I believe bottom to top with a short gym rope. They simul climbed the entire thing and slogged down the back side. I'd have to ask my buddy again if that was his time, but I'm pretty sure it was.

Bottom as in bottom of route or from the car?