Infinite Bliss ? Speed Record

David Yount

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but how many of those ascents have been verified by independent observers? What we need is some sort of organisation that could establish rules for speed climbing, and maybe a central website that could list all the speed climbing records, with maybe a forum so people could discuss the merits and qualifications of all the various speed climbers and their fastest ascents and stuff like that. It'd be great - anyone want to set that up?

Don't quote me on this but I think it has gone in under 60 minutes from base to top (not counting approach or descent).

----------------------------

Anyone seen the footage of the Late Dan Osaman climbing that route in California that is hundreds of feet (500?) long in only a few minutes? It is on youtube.

Don't quote me on this but I think it has gone in under 60 minutes from base to top (not counting approach or descent).

----------------------------

Anyone seen the footage of the Late Dan Osaman climbing that route in California that is hundreds of feet (500?) long in only a few minutes? It is on youtube.

Lover's Leap

Bear's Reach, 400', 5.7

Dan did it in 4:25

123106_1801_M.jpg

13 hours car to car was the fastest time I read, and I only read threads that were titled as a trip report, or similar. I figured if a team had intent to share their ascent then they would likely begin a new thread.

Just curious.

Buddy of mine tried to get me to join him several years ago.... for a speed attempt. I declined.

Just curious what kind of car to car time has been earned?

13 hours car to car was the fastest time I read, and I only read threads that were titled as a trip report, or similar. I figured if a team had intent to share their ascent then they would likely begin a new thread.

Just curious.

Buddy of mine tried to get me to join him several years ago.... for a speed attempt. I declined.

Just curious what kind of car to car time has been earned?

Why did you decline? Did you ever get on the route to just climb it?

Yeah, but how many of those ascents have been verified by independent observers? What we need is some sort of organisation that could establish rules for speed climbing, and maybe a central website that could list all the speed climbing records, with maybe a forum so people could discuss the merits and qualifications of all the various speed climbers and their fastest ascents and stuff like that. It'd be great - anyone want to set that up?

How about www.chestbeaters.com lol

I'd think men would learn that bragging about how fast they get done with something that most of us consider enjoyable at a more leisurely pace is unattractive.

and another thing - posting GPS tracks to prove you boffed some chick is TOTALLY OUT.

It was 43 minutes I believe bottom to top with a short gym rope. They simul climbed the entire thing and slogged down the back side. I'd have to ask my buddy again if that was his time, but I'm pretty sure it was.

Bottom as in bottom of route or from the car?