Voting

kevbone

Fingers of Furry?

No, way. It is all about the Vodka you use in your martini.

No gin, no fruity froo-froo.

Just chilled potato vodka, shaken, a half cap of vermouth just linning the glass with the excess tossed out.

Shaken VERY well, and an olive or two.

Oh, perfection.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes please. Probably leaning towards full-bodied, don't know that i could recognize peaty or smoky yet, but always willing to try. How about 1 of each?

For full-bodied I drink Laphroaig 15 year. It's hard core though. And I'm not in the mood for it much now that it's summer. Although with the weather today... I've never had the Laphroaig 10 which is cheaper. It would be less smooth and a bit harsher than the 15.

A nice light one is Glenlivet 15 year, oak aged. You could try the regular Glenlivet 12 year which is similar. They sell that in the little bottles so you could try one real cheap.

In the end you might like Glenfiddich better, who knows. I just didn't think it was as good as other stuff I've tried.

There are lots of web sites with ratings/opinions. Here's one:

http://www.charm.net/~kmarsh/scotch.html

Red-blooded 'mericans drink bourbon.

Fingers of Furry?

Just chilled potato vodka, shaken, a half cap of vermouth just linning the glass with the excess tossed out.

Oh, perfection.

Vodka shall not touch my martini. It is a sin. A proper martini must be gin, vermouth is optional, as is being dirty.

Has anyone else tried the Cascade Distillery Gin? Pretty damn good. Very nice flavor, and a little more pungent than Sapphire. Though I haven't tried Ten yet.

Vodka shall not touch my martini. It is a sin. A proper martini must be gin, vermouth is optional, as is being dirty.

Has anyone else tried the Cascade Distillery Gin? Pretty damn good. Very nice flavor, and a little more pungent than Sapphire. Though I haven't tried Ten yet.

Gin and vermouth are mandatory.

Never tried the gin you mention. I bought some Tanqueray at duty free real cheap, so I'll use that first. I've been mixing lots of negronis recently. A damn fine summer aperitif, if I do say so. :brew:

Fingers of Furry?

Oh, perfection.

Alrighty then, I will give it a try.

say it with me now Giiiiiiin!

Bourbon is good too.

As are Irish, Canadian, and Rye whiskies.

Vodka.

Say it with me now, Voooooodka.

Could we vote for vodka or gin?

oops, sorry I missed the point. Is it a right or a privilage to vote for Vodka or Gin? and is it protected by the constituion?

Bourbon is good too.

As are Irish, Canadian, and Rye whiskies.

Vodka.

Say it with me now, Voooooodka.

Could we vote for vodka or gin?

oops, sorry I missed the point. Is it a right or a privilage to vote for Vodka or Gin? and is it protected by the constituion?

The founding fathers rejected Gin by revolting from the Brits.

And Truman, Kennedy, Reagan et al. rejected vodka through the cold war.

I guess we should stick with good old American bourbons and ryes.

So as I ran out of whisky 2 months ago I picked up a bottle of Laphroaig 10 and a small bottle of Pendleton on the way home, as well as restocked the Gin supply :) :)

Oh, and it's no the Cascade Distillery, it's the Bend Distillery and Cascade Mountain Gin, made with wild juniper berrys! Talk about tasty stuff!

Enjoying the Laphroaig at the moment though :moondance:

So as I ran out of whisky 2 months ago I picked up a bottle of Laphroaig 10 and a small bottle of Pendleton on the way home, as well as restocked the Gin supply :) :)

Oh, and it's no the Cascade Distillery, it's the Bend Distillery and Cascade Mountain Gin, made with wild juniper berrys! Talk about tasty stuff!

So do you like the Laphroaig? Some reviews I've read call it "mediciny" with an "iodine" taste. Bunch of pussies. :-)

So do you like the Laphroaig? Some reviews I've read call it "mediciny" with an "iodine" taste. Bunch of pussies. :-)

Ah.....Laphroaig....my all time favorite scotch.