Eating meat found to be environmentally destructiv

billcoe

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You go out with a pack that weighs three times as much as the one you came in with. If that ain't a sport for the stupid, I don't know what is.

Back when I hunted, I didn't view it as a sport, no more so than growing my own vegatables was a sport. I wanted to know where my meat was coming from. It was work, that had some sporting elements (like using a trad bow). But I know a lot of hunters viewed it as a sport, which was part of the culture about the entire experience that I didn't like.

Since there are now more deer in the continental US than at the time of Columbus's landing, the only realistic alternative to culling via hunting is culling via starvation.

In Iowa deer are so numerous that they have set up a program that encourages hunters to kill more deer and donate their excess venison to food-banks.

The hunters in my family enjoy killing lesser animals because it makes them feel superior, but also to sink their teeth into the flesh of the animal and devouring it for nutrients.

here they are in their camo:

camo.jpg

So day I will join my brother in the glorious hunt of moose flesh.

The hunters in my family enjoy killing lesser animals because it makes them feel superior, but also to sink their teeth into the flesh of the animal and devouring it for nutrients.

here they are in their camo:

camo.jpg

So day I will join my brother in the glorious hunt of moose flesh.

my uncle doesn't play "dress up". He walks out his back door in his jeans and a t-shirt, goes into the woods and bags a deer or a couple of rabbits. For the rabbits, he throws the entrails into a tree for the birds, gives the head to his dog to chew on, and cooks up some yummy grub.

I heard that one day a bunch of rabbits ganged up on KKK's uncle and thumped the shit out of him.

My Dad was responsible for the extinction of at least half a dozen large mammal species on this continent alone.

The chamo truck will come in handy when they finally take on ZOG.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Mmmm, venison. I just sat with my 10 year old through his hunter safety course. He's pretty excited about the upcoming Fall. We don't eat a lot of beef, but we we usually get a deer every year, and my father in law slaughters 1 steer every year from their little farm (grass fed of course) and we get some of that. Actually the last one committed suicide as far as we can tell. Stupid fucking cows. Their water trough is an old bath tub, and the dumb ass swallowed and choked on the stopper. I'm a little worried that eating those steaks will lower the kid's IQ points a bit...

You go out with a pack that weighs three times as much as the one you came in with. If that ain't a sport for the stupid, I don't know what is.

Back when I hunted, I didn't view it as a sport, no more so than growing my own vegatables was a sport. I wanted to know where my meat was coming from. It was work, that had some sporting elements (like using a trad bow). But I know a lot of hunters viewed it as a sport, which was part of the culture about the entire experience that I didn't like.

Well put. Although I am not against hunting as a sport, I do not personally hunt for sport. I do not consider my impetus for hunting superior than those who hunt for their own entertainment (I am, of course, against poaching). I started hunting b/c I couldn't afford meat any other way.

On the other hand, I fish and I pretty much only catch and release. In essence, I only fish for my own entertainment. This, on my mind, is ethically equivalent to those who hunt for pleasure. And yes, the animal is not killed--but I think the logic is about the same.