Eating meat found to be environmentally destructiv

billcoe

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't eat much store bought meat. I hunt and if I don't get anything (which is NOT going to happen this year) I will buy occasional meat stuffs from the store. What's funny is that people in Seattle get all nuts about the hunting thing, yet they'll still have a burger and wear leather shoes. Hell, I don't even like cows.

I don't eat much store bought meat. I hunt and if I don't get anything (which is NOT going to happen this year) I will buy occasional meat stuffs from the store. What's funny is that people in Seattle get all nuts about the hunting thing, yet they'll still have a burger and wear leather shoes. Hell, I don't even like cows.

IMHO if you are going to eat it it is best to know where it came from. either it grows up in your back yard (cows chicken and pig fruits and veggies)or go out and hunt it. either way you aught to see it alive before you eat it. of course i don't do that, but it is my goal.

I think we should shift our cultural tolerance for eating bugs. Seriously, there is so much damn protein in bugs, and they are WAY more plentiful and easy to replace than large mamals. They could replace the entire beef industry if we just thought a bit more like aborigenes.

You sound like the Nuge! :grlaf:

I don't eat much store bought meat. I hunt and if I don't get anything (which is NOT going to happen this year) I will buy occasional meat stuffs from the store.

I agree with this. Also, I won't mount an elk head on the wall that I didn't take down myself. I hate it when people just buy an elk head at Walmart and mount it in their den.

I don't eat much store bought meat. I hunt and if I don't get anything (which is NOT going to happen this year) I will buy occasional meat stuffs from the store.

I agree with this. Also, I won't mount an elk head on the wall that I didn't take down myself. I hate it when people just buy an elk head at Walmart and mount it in their den.

Besides, the Chinese elk heads they have at Wallmart don't match up the quality of an American made elk head.

Besides, the Chinese elk heads they have at Wallmart don't match up the quality of an American made elk head.

Elitist. A lot of poorer working families can't afford to go out and bag their own elk heads. These simple but kindhearted folk have blank walls that need decorating just like the rest of us, although personally I prefer the exquisitely carved Yanomamo manitou head I was gifted by a local chief for administering simple first aid to children during my last Sobek expedition to the Amazon.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Broad generalization????? Please provide a picture of a hippie on the side of greenlake with a sign protesting hunting while such said person is wearing leather shoes.

Yes, genius boy. It is a generalization made from six years of experiences talking about hunting around folks who live in Seattle.

This may come as a shock to you, but most human beings learn by catagorizing (i.e. generalizing) their experiences and drawing a conclusion from them. I don't face each and every conversation about hunting as if it is my first conversation about hunting. And yes, that means I come equipped with a few pre-conceived notions (having earned them through previous conversations/experiences). It also means I am just as human as the people I am talking to.

Oh, and nice hippie generalization. As you will note, I did not mention "hippie" in my posts here.

Edited by archenemy

Broad generalization????? Please provide a picture of a hippie on the side of greenlake with a sign protesting hunting while such said person is wearing leather shoes.

Yes, genius boy. It is a generalization made from six years of experiences talking about hunting around folks who live in Seattle.

This may come as a shock to you, but most human beings learn by catagorizing (i.e. generalizing) their experiences and drawing a conclusion from them. I don't face each and every conversation about hunting as if it is my first conversation about hunting. And yes, that means I come equipped with a few pre-conceived notions (having earned them through previous conversations/experiences). It also means I am just as human as the people I am talking to.

Oh, and nice hippie generalization. As you will note, I did not mention "hippie" in my posts here.

excellent post!

it's nice that there is at least one rational person amongst this group of ass monkeys

Actually I used to hunt. I liked the idea of knowing where my meat came from. I stopped mainly becuase I didn't like the hunting culture. There are some good folks out there, but most of the other hunters I ran into seemed to be camo loving ignorant mofos. Not to generalize or anything. And you'll notice, no where did I mention rednecks.