Das Boots

Also searching for new boots. I have wide feet and the best shop fit so far has been the Sportiva Lhotse. My only concern is the toe flex. Nice for hiking, but can you put a rigid crampon on it for vertical ice? The Scarpa Cerro Torre also seems good. The shop was out of my size so I had to try and judge on a size that was a hair too big. Which of these boots would you choose for general technical alpinism and why? Boots that would cover the spectrum. I am looking for wide leathers that do everything. I won't do any long hikes in them( I'll carry'em and wear sneaks) and I won't do too much waterfall ice in them, but I do like it steep. suggestions? More ideas?

Thanks.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try Salomon rock pro or any of the new Garmont. I think that they are better then these Sportiva.

I still do not know that happened to minimum seams single piece leather boots construction. Lately, it seems that there are less and less boots manufactures with this approach in mind

[Roll Eyes][Roll Eyes][Wink][geek]

[ 05-10-2002, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: IceIceBaby ]

Check out the Salomon line. I have really wide feet, and I have had a pair of the rock and ice boots for 1.5 seasons and love em. Only took about 2 hikes to break em in. They can handle long approaches comfortably and trek up Rainier as good as the plastics. Haven't ice climbed in them yet, but I plan to try them out soon.