Beacon Accident?

phillygoat

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yup, what Hemp said.

BTW, not to be a prick or nothin', but I have "shortfatoldguy" pretty much patented.

Awww, in the spirt of brotherhood, I'll share it with ya. :lmao:

Edited to add a smiley face!

Hey sfog, are you from Lagrande as earlier reports suggested? My big bro lives there: Kent Coe?

Edited by billcoe

I'm from Portland.

Well, of course you are welcome to stick around here while you are recovered, this is where all the local non-climbers who can still spray are. I mean, I'm here.

You can talk about it to your hearts content even if you can't go do it.

We ever meet?

Well, of course you are welcome to stick around here while you are recovered, this is where all the local non-climbers who can still spray are. I mean, I'm here.

You can talk about it to your hearts content even if you can't go do it.

We ever meet?

LOL. Even typing right now is no fun. Normally, I'd be drinking, but with all the Oxycodone in my system I'm afraid I'd puke. Which would make my battered ribcage feel even better.

I don't think we've met, but I want to say that we have at least one shared acquaintance. Did you used to know Mike Cenedella through the PSU ODP? I can't remember why I think I know this. I met Mike several years ago on a job, and he became a friend.

SFOG - another question if you don't mind. Were you placing pro, clipping, moving through, or resting on a piece when you fell? And was the fall completely unexpected or did you know something was afoot?

Just trying to get a better idea of the circumstances. Thanks...

LOL. Even typing right now is no fun. Normally, I'd be drinking, but with all the Oxycodone in my system I'm afraid I'd puke. ....

It never made Rush puke.

I don't think we've met, but I want to say that we have at least one shared acquaintance. Did you used to know Mike Cenedella through the PSU ODP? I can't remember why I think I know this. I met Mike several years ago on a job, and he became a friend.

Wow, I had a flash you said Rich Candelaria. Rich, the late Ken Cronk and I added a Z and then rapped down and rearranged the 2' high letters on the admin building at Eastern OREGON State College to say "Eastern OZONE State College".

But hey yah I knew Mike, I ran the PSU Outdoor program for 2 years, and he and I did some trips then. A finer fella couldn't be found. We didn't climb together much as our interests are a bit divergent - either that or I'm a dick....hmmm.

He had a bum knee then and always wore a brace, so it's got to be pretty bad by now I'd imagine. Mike and Dave English, one of my semi-regular climbing partners, use to do a lot of things together. If you see Mike tell him "Hi" for me will ya?

BTW, I still have Dave Englishs pillow downstairs which I borrowed off his sofa on the way to Yosemite this spring....sigh, one more piece of unfinished business. I still see Dave after all these years, and another PSU buddy of that era of 23-25 years or so ago, went to Yos as well, well - organized the sites and the trip is more like it:-), Andrew Trzynka.