Need Climbers/Crew for Documentary, Rainier, 8/3-6

thatcher

I'm shooting a short, satirical, sarcastic documentary called, "How to Successfully...or Unsuccessfully Not Climb Mount Rainier"

It takes a comedic approach to "climbing" the ant trail that is the Disappointment Cleaver route on Mount Rainier.

Don't get me wrong, The popular, slog routes up Rainier are some of my favorite climbs. That's why I want to shoot the experience of ascending one. However there is also humor to be found in much of the rediculousness that is involved in the DC route.

So I am looking for a couple people who are interested in helping me out. I will be up there from August 3rd to the 6th. I for sure need people for the 4th through 6th. I have one person already, but would like a couple more. This is the plan thus far:

day 1: hike to muir, camp

day 2: wake up early, hike to Ingraham flats, shoot some stuff around the flats and near the bottom of the cleaver, and in a crevasse or two, camp

day 3: hike up to above the cleaver a little ways, shoot stuff just above the cleaver up the zig zag route on the upper mountain, go back to the flats, camp

day 4: summit, come down and pack out, minimal shooting on the descent.

So yeah, equipment is minimal. fuel and food will probably be heavier than the camera, tripod and batteries.

Though the equipment is minimal, this isn't just me going up and shooting boring stuff of my climbing. It is scripted with specific things that I will want to get. I am continually working on the script, but I do have a rough draft I can email you if interested.

Please email me if you are interested in helping out. This should be good fun. I've been up the DC several times as well as Emmons and many other cascade slogs.

thatcherk1@gmail.com

323-219-9913

Thanks,

Thatcher

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there,

Yeah that sounds like fun.

I have just finished climbing mt. baker couple of weeks ago .

and also graduated from a climbing school ie. Bushwhackers

did and trained in cervasse rescue.

can you shoot off an email if you are still interested in looking for climbers???

Baps

• 1 month later...