Adams/Hood/Glacier Pk/Rainier Emmons Jul 28-Aug 12

DavidVO

Hello,

looking for partners for a couple of basic glacier climbs during the two weeks Jul 29-Aug 12 where I'll have to work only for two days. So I'm very flexible with the weather etc. My plans are, in the preferred order (yet I'm open for other/further suggestions):

• Adams (South Spur or Mazama, as a "warm-up", car-to-car)
  • Hood (Regular route, hope it won't be too icy already)
  • Rainier (via Emmons, two days)
  • Glacier Peak (via Sitkum, two days)

I'm in reasonable shape and have moderate glacier experience. Last year I did Rainier via DC twice, Whitney, Baker, Shuksan etc. I've done several of the major glacier climbs in Austria, Italy and Switzerland. See e.g. Rainier via DC single-push, Mt. Whitney (in summer), Sahale Peak, Zuckerhütl in Austria, Saastal in Switzerland, and Ortler in Italy. You can also contact me directly.

Edited by DavidVO

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My buddy and I already have permits to climb Mt. St. Helens on July 27th, Mt Adams on the 28th and 29th and are planning on Mt. Hood on the 30th. We are planning to do some backpacking after that until we meet up with RMI for a Mt. Rainier climb on August 7-9th. Then we are planning on driving up to Trinity for 4 days for some more backpacking and possible a summit of Glacier Peak.

If you’re interested in any part of our trip let me know.

MB

MB,

I definitely would have been interested in joining you for Hood (and Adams), but as I've just learnt, the simple route on the south side already now is pretty much done for the year :-(

We'd better focus on e.g. Mount Daniel and the North Cascades.

I wonder why you have booked with RMI in order to climb Rainier. The DC route is not (much) more difficult than Hood, but of course much longer. Don't you already have glacier travel and crevasse rescue experience?

Meanwhile I have a partner to climb Glacier Peak on Aug 3-5 or 10-12, so maybe we can do it together on Aug 10-12.

David

Edited by DavidVO

Hello David,

My name is Ed and I am reponding to your post. I recently put a post up under 'partners' too, looking for someone to do the Emmons or DC route. I have a fair bit of moderate glacier work. I am planning to be in the area when you are looking to climb. Please email me or call 612-790-7873 if I can join your team.

Ed

Hello Ed,

I'm not yet sure if&when to do the Emmons (also depending on nice weather with good views), but most likely within Aug 6-9. I only want to spend a single night on the mountain, so camp at Camp Schurmann or Emmons Flats on the way up. If we both are in good shape, we could also do car-to-car, taking off at around 8 PM, as I did last year on the DC route.

Please respond to Web8@von-Oheimb.de or at least leave your email address for more direct communication.

David

I meanwhile plan with various folks for Eldorado on Aug 1/2, Glacier Aug 10-12, Rainier via Emmons Aug 28/29. Presumably Adams and/or others during Aug 7-12. All but Glacier car-to-car. Does anyone like to join?

Edited by DavidVO