Light poles?

Jens

What is about the lightest fairly rigid 2 or 3 section pole available?

I don't want some of the super soft ones that flex to much like some of the really skinny graphite ones.

I also can't stand the Black Diamond line of poles either. (Or really any of their stuff).

----------------

Please help anyone.

When I recover from my heel surgery, I'll need new poles.

thanks so much

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's your issue with BD? I'm actually looking for some as well upon my imminent return from ACL surgery. I'm looking at BD's carbon fiber - 17oz with a choke up foam grip. I've got their BC ski poles and have come to really like the flik-loc vs. the twist-loc on my old heavy Leki Makalus.

I have those REI poles as well. They have survived the wonderland and a number of cascade summits. I've never been worried about their strength.

They also come in a compact version... a few ounces lighter and a few cm shorter.

What's your issue with BD?

I like my BDs except for the button locks on the lower sections - they're very difficult to collapse to begin with but on a cold outting they're nearly impossible. Might just be my particular poles (lemons?).

I like my BDs except for the button locks on the lower sections - they're very difficult to collapse to begin with but on a cold outting they're nearly impossible. Might just be my particular poles (lemons?).

The newer BDs I've seen are all Flik-loc I think

I have all Flik-loc BD poles. I can't complain but they are definitely NOT the lightest. The newest BD 3-section poles have a button lock on the lowest section , which is the problem referred to above, except the carbon fiber ones which appear to have 2 flick-locks.

The lightest current offering from BD are 2 carbon fiber models at 17 oz, FYI.

I have all Flik-loc BD poles. I can't complain but they are definitely NOT the lightest. The newest BD 3-section poles have a button lock on the lowest section , which is the problem referred to above, except the carbon fiber ones which appear to have 2 flick-locks.

The lightest current offering from BD are 2 carbon fiber models at 17 oz, FYI.

Yep....not particularly light although not monsters. I really like the flik-lok vs. the twist, but not sure it's worth the 5oz. it costs you relative to the Rei poles. I like the extended choke up grip on the BDs as well.

• 5 weeks later...