• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Blake

first ascent [TR] Gunsight Peaks Traverse - "Gunrunner" IV 5.10

Frickin rad you guys!

:brew:

Thanks for the congrats blake, it was the most amazing day of my life.

About the east face, sounds like you guys didn't free the crux, can you confirm the grades on any of the other pitches?

Now, if i could only get ginnie jo to spend our honeymoon out there.

:rawk:

Sol, we kinda got off route on the crux. You mentioned a flake, and so we ended up AOing an overhanging flake to the right of what we think is the crux finger crack. From the ledge above, we top-roped the actual crux (I think). It was a Right-facing corner with a perfect finger crack that went through a roof/bulge thing, and suddenly turned into a splitter hand crack for the last 15' to a big ledge. I felt like it was .10d with perfect pro, but it was on TR. you just need to save a hand-sized cam for the last part, which you can't see from below. All the other stuff was onsighted, and the grades felt right on. :tup:

I've looked at the Gunsight area from a distance several times but never been there.

The photos you posted make it look even cooler. :tup:

DBerdinka and a buddy are up there now, so there might be even more climbs to do in the future. judging from the number of PM inquiries i've gottn about approach info, we should plan a Gunsight pub club for august.

nice guys! really jealous I couldnt join you doods on this one. Super fun climbin on friday before yah left, minus the mosquitos. im free tell august, lets go climborin again

Edited by AJScott