Good water ice and Mixed boot?

Rodchester

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you have some small feet!

anyway, I've had mine for a year and really like everything about them. I've done snow slogs to boulder hopping, ice climbing, and some mixed climbing on the NE slab of the TOOTH! [Eek!] They seem to really do everything very well but this was my first pair of real climbing boots so, I don't know what else to compare them to other than my partner's whining about their boots.

there is a fancy new boot from montrail (yes montrail) coming out one of these days. its sold as a set with the crampon. the crampon has some three point attachment system (toe and heel of course, and one in the midsole) that makes the boots stiff for climbing, and comfortable for approaches without the crampon on. they claim it has some funky lacing system that gives a glove-like fit AND promotes good circulation. havent used em yet - seen em and read all about em - they look pretty nice, and have definitely had some thought put into them. guess we'll have to wait for them to hit the market and then see...