Justice for da wimin

Fairweather

Not exactly.

Just saying people in glass houses ... you know the rest. I lack the necessary degrees to grapply with moral equivalency.

Believe it or not, Winter, one need not hold a degree from edu inc. to judge morality. Feel free to think for yourself from time to time.

:cry:

I think I'll take the high road and pass on the personal insults and pissing matches. Thanks though.

The fact that your heart bleeds for the likes of John Wayne Gacy - child serial killer - is a personal insult. The fact that you post tripe and then plead the academic inability to judge morality is only a little less so. :ass:

Yeah yeah I know. Anyone that disagrees with you necessarily personally insults you, thereby justifying a personal attack in response. Typical. I thought we outgrew that in like the 4th grade or something.

Deal with a couple of facts: 1) our system of capital punishment has a history of executing dozens of innocent people if not hundreds; 2) you are WAY more likely to be executed for killing a white person than a black person. A system that results in the killing of inncoent people and punishes crimes against one race more severely than crimes against another is morally bankrupt.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A system that results in the killing of inncoent people and punishes crimes against one race more severely than crimes against another is morally bankrupt.

As an attorney, you are part of the American justice system. Quit. The fact that you shun the word morality when it is not convenient and embrace it when it fits your vision of justice is also telling.

Not exactly.

Just saying people in glass houses ... you know the rest. I lack the necessary degrees to grapply with moral equivalency.

Believe it or not, Winter, one need not hold a degree from edu inc. to judge morality. Feel free to think for yourself from time to time.

I think I'll take the high road and pass on the personal insults and pissing matches. Thanks though.

The fact that your heart bleeds for the likes of John Wayne Gacy - child serial killer - is a personal insult. The fact that you post tripe and then plead the academic inability to judge morality is only a little less so. :ass:

Yeah yeah I know. Anyone that disagrees with you necessarily personally insults you, thereby justifying a personal attack in response. Typical. I thought we outgrew that in like the 4th grade or something.

Deal with a couple of facts: 1) our system of capital punishment has a history of executing dozens of innocent people if not hundreds; 2) you are WAY more likely to be executed for killing a white person than a black person. A system that results in the killing of inncoent people and punishes crimes against one race more severely than crimes against another is morally bankrupt.

by my definition, adulters are innocent of true criminal activity. the problem with your argument is that you are pointing out ERRORS in our system vs. plain ass wrong stuff in theirs...

the ERRORS in ours is simply because there can never be a "perfect" implentation of something that is left up to a jury. There are bound to be MISTAKES.

A fucking tool in their system will tell you that their system is performing correctly when it executes in a painful way someone who commits adultery (which should not, imo, be classified as a "crime")

One system tries to execute criminals/sociopaths the other system tries to execute people for vague "moral" issues like having sex consensually...

you are a complete idiot for trying to compare the two...take that as a personal insult, but its not meant to be one.

you are WAY more likely to be executed for killing a white person than a black person. A system that results in the killing of inncoent people and punishes crimes against one race more severely than crimes against another is morally bankrupt.

black people are good at enraging people very quickly. they are more straight forward, therefore it's easier to get really angry really fast at them and murder them in the heat of the moment. And that kind of murder doesn't typically lead to the death penalty, but life in prison.

on the other hand, white people are so passive agressive that they are better at pissing people off over long periods of time, thus giving someone plenty of time to bottle up their rage against that person and then at a later time murder them pre-meditatively, which warrants the death penalty more often.

so you can see that it isn't the justice system's fault, but instead, it's the murder victim's fault for pissing their killer off in different ways.

oh and i have no basis whatsoever for this argument.

and i want to add that i love black people. i had one as a friend once. and i like white people too. most of my friends are white. mexicans and asians are pretty cool too, but i don't have any that are friends.

by my definition, adulters are innocent of true criminal activity. the problem with your argument is that you are pointing out ERRORS in our system vs. plain ass wrong stuff in theirs...

the ERRORS in ours is simply because there can never be a "perfect" implentation of something that is left up to a jury. There are bound to be MISTAKES.

A fucking tool in their system will tell you that their system is performing correctly when it executes in a painful way someone who commits adultery (which should not, imo, be classified as a "crime")

One system tries to execute criminals/sociopaths the other system tries to execute people for vague "moral" issues like having sex consensually...

you are a complete idiot for trying to compare the two...take that as a personal insult, but its not meant to be one.

pretty easy comparison. one system is morally unjustifiable - and so is the other. in both systems innocent people are killed. both systems should be abolished.

if we knowingly execute innocent people in the name of justice, is that really any different than knowingly executing people that didn't commit a "crime"?

my only point was that american "justice" ain't so just, and we should be careful when passing judgment on others.

but you and FW are both right. i am an idiot - and I should start to think for myself and just agree with the both of you. then you would call me brilliant and an independent thinker!

pretty easy comparison. one system is morally unjustifiable - and so is the other. in both systems innocent people are killed. both systems should be abolished.

if we knowingly execute innocent people in the name of justice, is that really any different than knowingly executing people that didn't commit a "crime"?

my only point was that american "justice" ain't so just, and we should be careful when passing judgment on others.

but you and FW are both right. i am an idiot - and I should start to think for myself and just agree with the both of you. then you would call me brilliant and an independent thinker!

the problem is your term "knowingly"...argueably, in the vast majority of mistakes in our system, it is not knowingly happening...and in the few cases where it does, our system is not working due to fallibility of the people involved...I think the term is "miscarriage of justice", no?

the islamic nutballs will tell you their system is working correctly...ie "no miscarriage of justice" in their eyes.

why am i arguing with you?

next...

Not exactly.

Yeah yeah I know. Anyone that disagrees with you necessarily personally insults you, thereby justifying a personal attack in response.

Dude, you have to admit she has made an interesting observation there.

If both systems are equally flawed, and he had a son or daugther who had committed adultery - then I'm sure it would be a matter of indifference to him whether the matter was subject to US law and the American justice system or Iranian law and the Iranian justice system. I suspect he's so sincere in these convictions that if someone proposed to settle the question of which laws would apply and where the case would be tried with a coin-flip he'd greet the proposal with cool indifference and a shrug.

Way to put words in my mouth.

I never said both criminal justice systems are equally flawed. I said both systems of capital punishment ought to be abolished and are morally unjustifiable.

But you're really tuggin at my heart strings brining my unborn children into the conversation. Nice touch. :cry:

Someone should kill this thread.

"I never said both criminal justice systems are equally flawed. I said both systems of capital punishment ought to be abolished and are morally unjustifiable."

If that were really the case, you would have started with this statement and left it at that.

So either you are:

1)Lying about your intentions.

2)Completely incapable of translating your thoughts into words in a manner that is consistent with your intentions.

"I never said both criminal justice systems are equally flawed. I said both systems of capital punishment ought to be abolished and are morally unjustifiable."

If that were really the case, you would have started with this statement and left it at that.

So either you are:

2)Completely incapable of translating your thoughts into words in a manner that is consistent with your intentions.

:lmao: dude get off yer fuckin high horse. man you guys get yer panties in a bunch when someone challenges your intellectual and moral superiority. :cry:

ya know what, i think you're no better and no worse than anyone else. tough pill to swallow isn't it sparky? but it goes down good with all FW's jiz you guzzle.

What's remarkable is that your earlier troll derail attempt sunk without even a ripple.

i know. i was just going to post the pictures without jesus. then thought it would have no effect. so to maybe distract people i added the jesus. he tends to distract people easily in one way or another.

even the one who wanted the thread to end ignored it.

oh well better luck next time.

So either you are:

:lmao: dude get off yer fuckin high horse. man you guys get yer panties in a bunch when someone challenges your intellectual and moral superiority. :cry:

ya know what, i think you're no better and no worse than anyone else. tough pill to swallow isn't it sparky? but it goes down good with all FW's jiz you guzzle.

This funniest thing about this post is that it's both morally and intellectually superior to any of the contributions that you made to this thread when you were actually attempting to put forward a serious argument.

the argument that cap punishment is wrong because innocent people get executed... is bunk.

get rid of cap punishment and i you can bet even more innocent people will be killed. whether it be from guilty people mistakenly being parolled and killing outsiders or by those same guilty folks that don't get parolled and kill some wrongfully jailed innocent folk.

i've heard quotes from studies that show how mnay innocent people are saved for every execution. i'd have to search for that, but i'm busy working.

it is cleche, but you can also say that plenty of innocent people get killed in cars, climbing, boating, watching tv...etc etc... we don't eliminate those activities. instead we continue to try and improve the systems and be vigilant to what is going on with the systems - adding safety measures and checks. the same should be done with cap punishment. we can't get lazy with it and must keep looking to improve the system - which doesn't necesserily mean abolshing the system

But then punks like Winter wouldn't get to lecture us on the morality which they may or may not possess depending on the degree of validation they feel per the institution of higher learning they may have attended at some point or the degree that entitles them to that morality and how thick the walls said institution built around their self-described ability to think freely hedged against their contempt for the life of the unborn and their constant state of unhappiness and bitter contempt for all traditional values however benign buttressed against their dark world view and hatred of all things outside their very narrow window of life and how it should be as dictated for all by them....

Moderator!! Winter got his feelins hurt! Lock this thread! :cry:

you are WAY more likely to be executed for killing a white person than a black person. A system that results in the killing of inncoent people and punishes crimes against one race more severely than crimes against another is morally bankrupt.

black people are good at enraging people very quickly. they are more straight forward, therefore it's easier to get really angry really fast at them and murder them in the heat of the moment. And that kind of murder doesn't typically lead to the death penalty, but life in prison.

on the other hand, white people are so passive agressive that they are better at pissing people off over long periods of time, thus giving someone plenty of time to bottle up their rage against that person and then at a later time murder them pre-meditatively, which warrants the death penalty more often.

so you can see that it isn't the justice system's fault, but instead, it's the murder victim's fault for pissing their killer off in different ways.

oh and i have no basis whatsoever for this argument.

I'm hoping you're inept at adequately expressing your self.